Sunday, May 13, 2012

Soccer!

We have been busy lately. Part of that is because our 2 youngest have started soccer!  They love it so much.

Alex is number 6. He is on the Blue Whale team. It was fun to be on the team with a lot of his friends.


Just like his dad, he really understands how to play defense.



He was a lot more aggressive this year and just went for the ball not worrying if he would get kicked or something.
He was ready for anything!




This is celebrating after a goal. I thought it was cute.


Chase is number 2. He was on the Grey Dinosaur team.
Chase was soooo happy to play soccer. You can see it on his face in these pictures. He was always in the middle of the bunch of players. Always going after the ball.

He is really aggressive to get the ball.

But when he is out, he likes to pick the grass.

Chase follows after his dad too. He is constantly slide tackling. No other kid his age does that. (But at this stage, he just likes to slide for the ball. He is not trying to get the ball away from anyone. I keep telling him to stop falling on the ground every time he gets the ball. Andre is proud of him and wants me to stop telling him that.)

One game he dribbled all the way down the field and scored!
Another game he scored 3 goals! 
He is awesome. 

I loved watching the games! I had no little kids to try to entertain while watching the games. No one was crying. The kids loved to be there and it was fun! I am seeing a whole new world opening up for me!

2 comments:

Carie said...

You can really see how much they love soccer in those pictures! I love this "new stage" of life too - no babies/toddlers to entertain.

Cathryn said...

That's so great that they have inherited their dad's soccer abilities! And that a whole new world is opening up for you too! Nice photos!