Sunday night we had scones. Super yummy!
Monday we started school again. I started to work on my kids scrap books because I finished the Bartlome family history project. Here is the web site if you are interested: https://bartlomefamilyhistory.blogspot.com/
Monday FHE we watched a David Butler restoration video with the kids. Then had a FHE dessert that Alex made. Cookie Pie.
I can't even remember Tuesday. I know that Alex had a Teachers Quorum activity online. It was fun for him to talk to his friends. Oh ya! This was the day that Andre was supposed to be in charge of the "Chopped" activity for all the Youth. So instead, they told all the youth that they could make something and post it on the circles app. Then the deacons could judge it. So Tanner made something on Monday (but he didn't want to post the picture). Chase made spaghetti taco on Tuesday. Alex made a cookie pie on Monday night for FHE. Chase and Alex posted their pictures.
Wednesday I went to the store.
Hopefully for the last time in a few weeks. And guess what? I found toilet paper!
Stores are starting to be a little better. The shelves are not
completely empty. The paper aisle had a few things but the cleaning
aisle with the disinfecting supplies is definitely empty. The canned
goods are only missing a few things. I still can't find yeast. But I
have some.
So I bought a bunch more things and filled the fridges and freezers. I am hoping to make it for weeks without having to go to a store.
This is a picture of Alex doing homework and Chase reading. Chase is reading the Michael Vey series. It is a pretty good read.
Wednesday night Andre and Chase had a deacon get together online so I had a fun activity with Tanner and Alex. We made apple pie. I bought green apples. I figured we would have more time and I could teach the boys some skills. Too bad I don't really know how to make pie crust. But we faked it.
These boys love the apple peeler slicer corer. They just love to eat the peel. It was in their mouth constantly.
Oh ya. these boys were obsessed about the lemon juice. The recipe said to add a splash of lemon. They probably added 1/2 cup of lemon. They were having fun and being funny. So I let them. It was an apple pie. But it sure tasted like lemon.
And we even did the lattice top. Good thing that the internet exists. It teaches you things and stuff.
Before baking...
Beautiful.
Thursday. I was super ready for conference to start.
Of course it snowed because I just want to go outside... but I hate cold.
We have been going outside a lot every day. Tanner has been riding his bike, Alex is going on walks and Chase and I do random things. This day he wanted to try hitting a baseball. I was worried about his knee twisting but it wasn't bad. He is a good little hitter. The problem is that I have to go get all the balls. We were also going to shoot some hoops but it was freezing. I think the high that day was 42? So it looks like good weather but we were really cold.
Thursday night we played a board game together. Puerto Rico. I like that game. Chase and Alex? not so much. But they tried.
Friday was the last day for the kids to do school before spring break. Alex and Tanner had a lot of work to do. Chase is doing great with his music and writing in his journal. This really is a weird time and I think we should all be writing about it. We are mostly just staying home and not doing anything with anyone.
Friday I wanted to read the scriptures that Pres Nelson asked the sisters to read to prepare for conference. I had studied them by reading articles and stuff. I wanted to read them straight through. So that took a while. Also I like watching David Butler and Emily Freeman videos. David Butler had made Restoration videos and I wanted to finish watching those. I also got Jaxon his Easter package ready and mailed to him. That took a while.
Tanner went on a bike ride, Alex on a walk, and Chase and I went to a park. I had taken a ball to play with a piece of equipment- but that was gone. So we just walked a bit. I wanted to show a picture of Chase walking so good. Next week they will move the brace so it will bend 30 degrees. So that is awesome. This week he can take it off at night. He loves that so much.
And finally! It was conference day! I was so excited about Conference. I love the messages. Plus I wanted to see what would make the conference so memorable. Pres Nelson ended with a cliff hanger last time. I also wanted to see what they would say about the pandemic.
The boys are so old now. They barely played with things. They listen so well too.
Between conferences we started tackling the back yard. The gardens are a mess. I wish I had taken a true "before" picture. But this was after the huge tall dead stalks of plant from last year were taken out. And I had pulled a lot of grass out. I am going to spray Round Up in this garden bed because there really is only one thing in it that I want. The rest is grass.
The middle garden bed is supposed to be strawberries. But grass has started taking over here too. This will be a long-term project.
We were given a new symbol for the church and a new proclamation.
I wanted to put some behind the scene pictures of conference because it is so different than other years. There were 7-10 people in the whole room.
I wanted to put some behind the scene pictures of conference because it is so different than other years. There were 7-10 people in the whole room.
President Nelson is pretty amazing.
We had a really cool solemn assembly, giving thanks to God for the restoration.
I love General Conference!!
Sunday we had crepes! Yummy!
And that was the end of the week!




























No comments:
Post a Comment