Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tomorrow is August

My life starts getting hard tomorrow because Tanner knows that his birthday is August and does not realize that It is 20 days into the month. So every day will be asking for his birthday party and tantrums that it is not today.

Yes I know that you are all waiting for my blog on the road trip that we took earlier this month. I will get there. I have a lot to write about and I know it will take a long time so I am putting it off. I want to write it but I have not done it yet. Does that make sense?

Lately I have been doing other things that take up all my "extra" time and most of my non-extra time too. I have read Harry Potter numbers 5 and 6 since last Friday and I am dying to read number 7. I have read those before but I was having a hard time remembering what happened- so I thought I could skim through them. I had to read the entire books because I could not remember anything. I am going to force myself to wait until life settles down so I can enjoy number 7. Jaxon and tanner are both off school and they want me to entertain them! I don't know how many times they asked me why I was reading AGAIN! So at the end of August they will be gone for at least 2 hours- 3 days aweek. If I plan Alex's naps right, I will start number 7 and not let little geeks bug me.

I had a couple of funny things I wanted to write before I forgot them.

We were outside doing some jobs in the yard and I said to the kids jokingly, "I can do it because I am strong!" I flexed my muscles for effect. Tanner said and said to me VERY nicely, "Mom, you are not really strong, (pause for effect) but you are smart!"

Alex has always loved the bathrooms in our house. At first it was just opening and closing the cupboards and drawers. Then he discovered the toilets. We have set very strict bathroom rules around here that the toilets must be closed and the bathroom doors must be closed at all times. Because we talk about this constantly and remind each other all the time, these things NEVER happen. Last week Alex used two of his favorite things in bathrooms together. He opened the cupboard doors, got out a toilet paper roll and threw it in the toilet. This is funny. Except that we found this in 3 different toilets on 2 different days and in one of the toilets there were two rolls.

Jaxon is about to turn 7. This means of course that he is starting to act like a teenager. (most of the time he is his sweet wonderful self but other times...) This started on our trip. He got to do fun things all day long for two weeks and we really tried to do things that the kids would like except for the driving part. So because he was spoiled for so long he started thinking he deserved more than we were giving him. Yes I realize that this is typical kid behavior. But the way he was doing it was not typical Jaxon and it has continued a little bit into our home life. He really likes the structure and brain usage that school provides. It is kind of funny to watch him- if you are not his parent. He has started to stomp off and leave the room claiming he "needs to be alone." Everything I ask him to do he says, "Why does it matter?" I say, "Put your clothes IN the hamper, not next to it." "Why does it matter?" "Stop splashing your bath water all over the floor." "Why does it matter?" You get the idea.

To be fair to Jaxon-He also seems alot older because he has become a great helper with Alex lately. He plays with him a lot and gives me time to empty the dishwasher without a baby climbing into it. He really watches Alex and helps him avoid bad things (like bathrooms). So this is a great new thing in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dad says
How can you possiblly wait that long to read #7. Harry might just grow up and take all the books with him leaving you with no info or answers. You are brave. I will hide my copy till you want it or I could take it to your house and leave it as a sore temptation. Which will it be??
I just love how your children are growing. You 2 are wonderful parents. Keep up the good work.
Oh and by the way when are we to see the new Potter Movie???

Anonymous said...

Funny, funny! The TP story made me giggle. And the "not let little geeks bug me" made me laugh, too! :) You're awesome!