Monday, August 27, 2007

August

Jaxon started second grade last week. All morning he was jumping around with a huge smile on his face and letting out little “ya-hoo” type noises. When asked if he was excited for school. He would suddenly say, “I hate school!” (I don’t believe him.) I drove him over to school and walked him to where his class was lined up. I started walking away and realized that I was starting to get all teary-eyed. I was so excited for him to get in school and have something to do all day that I was surprised that I felt that way. I guess it was how cute he was standing there with all his friends trying to be cool.

Tannerisms: Tanner brought me an action figure with a car on it’s head, standing on another toy. “Do you call this a traffic jam or what?”

A few months ago the flags were flying half mast and Tanner wanted to know why. I explained that someone had died and that was a way we could remember them. Last night Tanner saw again that the flag was half mast. He said to us, “Look at that flag! Someone got killed on that flagpole!”

The last few weeks we had two birthday parties. Every other year the kids get a big party that I spend a lot of time on. This was Jaxon’s off year. I told him he could do something with one or two friends. I gave suggestions of a movie or bowling or swimming. Jaxon got this great idea of having a Yu-Gi-Oh party. Have I complained about Yu-Gi-Oh yet? Jaxon spend all his allowance on these playing cards and I see no point in them at all. But he likes them. So he had two friends over and they “played” Yu-Gi-Oh. It was the best party I have ever thrown. The three kids sat on the livingroom floor and “dueled” each other. I cleaned my bedroom and occupied Alex so he would not eat the cards.

Tanner’s party was really fun. Last year the day after his party, he declared that he was having a dragon party next year. So I expected him to forget about it. He didn’t. Every couple of months he would talk about his dragon party. Well in about May, I opened my Family Fun magazine and saw a Knight and dragon party outlined for me. We had a lot of fun. We threw water balloons at pictures of dragons and had swimming noodles that we used as jousting lances. We lanced Balloons that were hanging from our trees. The kids loved to swing those noodles and be as violent as they wanted because they were outside. The day after his party he announced that he wants a train party next year (but then he can’t make up his mind if he wants a truck party)

Jaxon likes to force us to make a choice. “Would you rather go play on the swing set, or break your leg?” The choices usually have an obviously bad choice and sometimes two bad choices. He wants to see which one we would rather do.

We were driving home and we decided to drive through the temple parking lot. The kids like to see the temple. Jaxon was asking when he could go in the temple and saying how much he wanted to go in right now. Then he said, “would you rather fall down and skin your knee…” This is when I thought he was going to say something nice and sweet about going into the temple. “… Or get burned to death by a fire?”

Where does he get these ideas?

I didn’t really talk about Alex in this blog. But he is cute! He loves shoes. He loves to wear them I think because he associates shoes with going outside. He loves sand boxes and can play forever in the sand. He also likes to point out body parts. He loves to point to my ears and eyes and he always puts his finger IN my nose when pointing to my nose. We ask him where his belly is and he loves to pull up his shirt and point to his belly. He has three new teeth the last couple of weeks and I am ready to have them all in already!

I am still working on my travel log of our vacation. I will have it in here in a while.

So I haven’t told everyone. But most of you know that we are expecting another baby! Our due date is February 3rd. Yes we are excited and we would love either a boy or girl. We would love to have 4 boys- but a girl sounds fun too. We do know that there is only one baby in there- so that is a relief! We should find out the gender around Sept 7th if it cooperates. Yes I am feeling fine with a lot of being tired in my days. So that is our news!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the flagpole and traffic jam comments. Tanner is so cute and innocent. And I guess if I HAD to choose I would rather fall down and skin my knee...Where does Jaxon get these ideas He keeps me laughing!!