We went to dad's office in Feb or March. He has a pretty clean desk! The kids love to go to dad's office because some of the people there give them candy and they get to ride in an elevator.
Yes I did say Webelos up in the first paragraph. I am now a Webelos leader. I guess they decided that if scouts was to be my life for the next 16 to 18 years- that it should be in every aspect of my life. I am excited about it and meeting the boys today was really fun. They are a lot less hyper then I expected and are able to do a lot of hard things- we are making wood projects.
So does that last one count as one of the seven?
So this is what I said to the boys to introduce myself:
1. I can juggle.
2. I have gone rappelling. (I was scared to death. It was in college and I only did it to impress a boy- I guess he was not impressed because I never really saw him again).
3. I lived in England- my mission.
4. I built my own pinewood derby car when I was 7 or 8. (I wanted to do everything my brother did. And I think my parents were cub scout leaders then.)
5. I was a girl scout. (loved it)
6. My favorite color is red. (but not in everything)
7. I played basketball for my high school team (Just my ninth grade year)
Just some other randomness about me:
I hardly ever go to the bank. I have probably gone to the bank 3 times this year. Last week I went to the bank and it was Columbus Day! I think that the only people who actually know that it is Columbus Day are bankers and postmen. Even Andre who has random days off like Veterans Day has to work on Columbus Day. The only reason I mention this is that I have gone to the bank on Columbus day for the last three years. Why am I magically drawn to the bank on this day when I am just going to be disappointed?
The other day Andre quizzed me. He held up a toy and asked who gave it to us. I told him who gave it to us, that it for Christmas, and to which kid it was given. I think I could probably do this for 90% of the stuff we have in our house- maybe even a higher percentage. I have a hard time remembering to send my son to piano lessons, or to go to a play date that I set up. I was talking to Andre and wondering why he can remember my schedule better then I do sometimes. We decided that I remember the past and he remembers the future. He said that he does not remember stuff that has already happened because it is done and he does not have to do anything about it. I have a memory based on what I see. So if I meet someone I like to visualize their name- maybe ask them how to spell it. Or I remember where we are when we open a present. I remember who handed us the present. So I remember because I can see how it happened. I don’t have a visual of the future so I have a harder time remembering.
I do like to clean. But if I don’t have enough time to do it right I don’t like to do it at all. For instance: I need to vacuum. So to do it right- I need to start by doing the dishes, wiping all the counters and tables, de-cluttering as I go. Because I want to make sure all the crumbs fall onto the floor before I do the next step. Then I need to sweep and mop. I want to do this first because I don’t want the crumbs from the kitchen to get spread to the living room after you have vacuumed. Then I need to clean the living room and dust. (I am of the opinion that you dust before vacuuming- not after) Then I am allowed to vacuum. You can see how I could get side tracked or run out of time way before vacuuming happens. I have tried to stop the madness. If I need to vacuum I need to just do it. But then most of the time I have someone asleep… I have too many excuses.
So does that last one count as one of the seven?
So this is what I said to the boys to introduce myself:
1. I can juggle.
2. I have gone rappelling. (I was scared to death. It was in college and I only did it to impress a boy- I guess he was not impressed because I never really saw him again).
3. I lived in England- my mission.
4. I built my own pinewood derby car when I was 7 or 8. (I wanted to do everything my brother did. And I think my parents were cub scout leaders then.)
5. I was a girl scout. (loved it)
6. My favorite color is red. (but not in everything)
7. I played basketball for my high school team (Just my ninth grade year)
Just some other randomness about me:
I hardly ever go to the bank. I have probably gone to the bank 3 times this year. Last week I went to the bank and it was Columbus Day! I think that the only people who actually know that it is Columbus Day are bankers and postmen. Even Andre who has random days off like Veterans Day has to work on Columbus Day. The only reason I mention this is that I have gone to the bank on Columbus day for the last three years. Why am I magically drawn to the bank on this day when I am just going to be disappointed?
The other day Andre quizzed me. He held up a toy and asked who gave it to us. I told him who gave it to us, that it for Christmas, and to which kid it was given. I think I could probably do this for 90% of the stuff we have in our house- maybe even a higher percentage. I have a hard time remembering to send my son to piano lessons, or to go to a play date that I set up. I was talking to Andre and wondering why he can remember my schedule better then I do sometimes. We decided that I remember the past and he remembers the future. He said that he does not remember stuff that has already happened because it is done and he does not have to do anything about it. I have a memory based on what I see. So if I meet someone I like to visualize their name- maybe ask them how to spell it. Or I remember where we are when we open a present. I remember who handed us the present. So I remember because I can see how it happened. I don’t have a visual of the future so I have a harder time remembering.
I do like to clean. But if I don’t have enough time to do it right I don’t like to do it at all. For instance: I need to vacuum. So to do it right- I need to start by doing the dishes, wiping all the counters and tables, de-cluttering as I go. Because I want to make sure all the crumbs fall onto the floor before I do the next step. Then I need to sweep and mop. I want to do this first because I don’t want the crumbs from the kitchen to get spread to the living room after you have vacuumed. Then I need to clean the living room and dust. (I am of the opinion that you dust before vacuuming- not after) Then I am allowed to vacuum. You can see how I could get side tracked or run out of time way before vacuuming happens. I have tried to stop the madness. If I need to vacuum I need to just do it. But then most of the time I have someone asleep… I have too many excuses.
Yes I did this tag. But I do not always feel the need to do tags or I don't always have time. So if you tag me and I don't do it- it's my problem not yours.
6 comments:
I so enjoyed that! Thanks for playing along.
And thanks for the great ideas for nursery we will be trying some tomorrow! I so appreciated them.
Janelle, you need Flylady.com One of her sayings is, "Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family."
I love to read your blog. Webelos leader, huh? That was one of my favorite callings.
I just have to comment on Columbus day. Its so weird to live out here where it is a real holiday. I told everyone where I work that I never knew it existed, except that the mail didn't come that day and then someone would say it was Columbus day. People at work get paid time and half to work that day, Casey had school off, as does everyone out here. Very strange to me.
I just love your stories! They always make me laugh! I do find the random that you always decided to go to the post office on that day! Suer funny! I sure love ya!
You realize that Don Astill (a very renown cleaning expert who has a cleaning store in south jordan) says you should always dust before you vacuum! He even wrote a book called, "Dust or Vacuum First." I bought it and gave it to a friend who believes vacuum then dust, just to prove a point!!!
I also agree with FlyLady - Love her. She has great ideas!
funny! I think that going to the bank for three Columbus days in a row could qualify as a 'weird' fact about you.
Post a Comment