Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Halloween is fun, but I am glad it is over for another year. It is a lot of work. We started off with our traditional bread skeleton. The kids liked it but next year they want a different shape. You will notice Jaxon in every picture making weird faces. Whenever he put his costume on he was "in character". He never smiled for pictures, just made mad scary faces. What a cute Jack-o-lantern. He was so cooperative when taking pictures that I want him to teach the other kids. All the boys have been this costume. So it was fun to see him in it too.
Alex was so excited to be a dragon. This year he learned how to say "Trick or Treat". He would always jump when he would say it. He went to about 20 houses and got lots of candy. He loved helping me give out candy after that.

"Roarrrr, Ax a gragen"Jaxon was a demon thing. He wanted to be something scary this year. We talked him out of "the scream". You can't wear masks to school so it would be lame to wear a black "dress" to school. When we went looking he found this and he was happy. It looks cool even without a mask. He really got into it and kept asking me about what demons look like or what they do. I kept saying that demons aren't real so I didn't know how to answer those questions.
Tanner was a cowboy this year. I love this costume. He looked so funny with a mustache but he wanted something because Jaxon got his face painted.

He loved to run to the door shooting the people giving out candy.
All kids posing for pictures.

It was about 65 degrees when they left to go trick or treating. We sat out on the doorstep to give out the candy because it was so warm. It was fun for Chase to be outside and watch the kids. We have loved the warm warm weather this October. I remember lots of Halloweens that it's snowing. This is a lot better.

Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photos! Chase is so cute with his tongue off to the side. I love those guys!

Anonymous said...

I love the photos! Chase is so cute with his tongue off to the side. I love those guys!

Anonymous said...

Such cute Halloween kids. They all look so cute in costume. Talking to Tanner today he told me what he had for dinner at the Halloween party you went to in the afternoon. Two bits of cookie and a chip. I know you told me he had a hot dog but that didn't seem important to his memory of the Halloween party. Thanks for sharing the cute kids.It's nice to have a tradition costume. You'll have to have it framed!

Markie said...

Fun costumes - and I adore your bread skeleton. What a great tradition. Daniel was a dragon too and had fun looking at pictures of Alex - 'Look Mom, he's a dragon just like me!'

Chelita said...

ADORABLE!(Even Jaxons even though it was a little freaky! :) ) I love the costumes. Its also fun for me to see the kids in the same costumes! All I have to say is that your kids are just priceless! :) Thanks for the pics!

Anonymous said...

Wat great pictures and wonderful kids. I just loved their smiles or perhaps expressions is better. What a wonderful halloween it was for you. G Pa