Tanner, “Remember when we only had one phone and it was white?”
Mom, “yes.”
Tanner, “That was way, way, way, back in the future.”
Mom, “How was school today?”
Tanner, “Ok, but a boy was teasing me.”
“What was he teasing you about?”
“Well, I was sitting by my girlfriend.”
“Oh! Do you have a girlfriend?”
In a really board, matter of fact voice he said, “Ya.”
“Do you know her name?”
“I actually have 2 girlfriends, you know-- Maya and Alexa. Mom, I don’t want to talk about this anymore.”
Jaxon, “Dad, will you comb my hair?”
Dad, “Ok.”
Jaxon, “I usually comb my own hair, but it is Sunday today.”
Dad, “Why can’t you comb your hair on Sunday?”
Jaxon, “Well, I only do cool hair styles, not “appropriate” hair styles.”
He made quote marks in the air when he said “appropriate”.
I thought I saw something in Alex’s mouth. So I asked him about it. “Alex what is in your mouth?” He got a very serious thinking expression on his face. I asked him to open his mouth and show me. I asked again, “What is in your mouth?” He finally opened his mouth and there was nothing there. But he kept his mouth open and was thinking. He looked like he was trying to figure out what was in his mouth. Then he put his finger in his mouth and said, “Finger in mouth.” He wants to please.
Chase never eats the last bite of his dinner. All of a sudden he just stops eating, he spits it out, or puts his lips together so tightly that his bottom lip sticks out. He is done. How he knows that it is the last bite I do not know. But I hate it because there is only one more bite in the whole jar and he won’t eat it.
The other day I wanted to write the word funnest. I realized that spell checker didn’t like that word. So I asked Andre how he would spell it. He said, “That is not a word, you say- most fun instead.” I said, “hmm, well, I want to use funnest, how would you spell it if it was a word?” He said, “You are asking me how to spell a word that is not a word- I don’t know how to answer your question.” Some people are way too practical.
Jaxon, "All you like to do is torture me!"
Mom, "Yep, thats my job."
I am so mean to have him play the piano, do homework and do a simple job in our house. What a horrible mom.
Alex loves to carry Dad’s scripture case on Sundays. He carries it into church and then gives them to dad when he gets dropped off at nursery. The last two weeks he will NOT give them to dad during nursery. He just throws a tantrum yelling “my bag, my scritiors.” So Andre has let him take them to nursery.
Jaxon and I were talking about what he wants to be when he grows up. “I want to be an astronaut. I mean, what is cooler than going into outer space? I am surprised everyone does not want to be an astronaut.”
Tanner talks about his birthday parties all year. He has already requested a few different kinds of parties (his birthday is in August.) He usually comes up with a cake idea. I then have to come up with a party that works with the cake design. The latest cake idea is a tooth cake. He wants a face with an open mouth with teeth in it. Do I see a dental school in his future?
Yesterday we were playing in Alex’s room. I was kneeling by the baby. Alex came up and leaned his shoulder into mine. He said, “Stuck Gogether, you and me.” I pretended to get worried and said, “Oh no, how can we get unstuck?” He thought for a minute and said, “Um, a key.” Then he bent down and picked up an imaginary key and unlocked our arms.
Chase is mobile! He rolls all over the floor. He is so close to crawling that it is scary. Basically if it is on the floor, he will get it. This is a whole new life change. No more sitting him down by his toys and getting something done. He will be into everything. He has already found every string, crumb, speck of dust… that we have on the floor and put it into his mouth. He is magically drawn to the stairs. Why is that? Can’t babies just stay away from stairs? Is that too much to ask? Alex is in for a rude awakening. He already gets mad if Chase touches his stuff. Chase is only going to get faster.
Jaxon: “I hope dinner tastes better than it smells.”
5 comments:
These little boys are so cute and full of such funny stories. I'm so glad you will have them to look back on when they are older and they don't say such cute things. Thank's for the laugh.
My grandchildren are the most wonderful, marvelous, special people. They have such a wide open future in store. For example, I can't remember ever wanting to grow up to be any perticular profession. I just liked to live each day and have fun. Just look at these guys and gals, preparing daily for more involved futures than anyone can imagine. Dad
I laughed over Andre's comment on spelling a word that isn't a word. He sounds like Nick, way too literal. I told Nick a joke tonight. He in turn lectured for 20 minutes on how it was not funny.
And the hope that dinner tasted better than it smelled just cracked me up.
You are so wise to keep track of these conversations.
I loved reading this! It is so funny to hear all the funny things they come up with. - I can only imagine whats next! :) Keep 'em coming!
I read this when you wrote it then I was so busy i didn't have a chance to reply. I laughed out loud while I was reading it. I loved it
Post a Comment