Friday, June 26, 2009

Lost & Swim

Why have I not posted in June? All of my "free" time has been taken. During the day I have been taking my kids to swimming lessons.

As soon as the kids go to bed Andre and I have been watching the TV show Lost. We have never watched it before. We borrowed my brothers dvd's of the seasons. (This is the only way to watch tv. No commercials and watch when you want!) We are now on season 3 and we have no life. All we do is watch Lost. I am obsessed. I have to know what is going on. I wish we could watch it all in one night.

Anyway... here are some swimming lesson pictures.


Tanner is a great little swimmer. He works so hard and has tons of fun.


Jaxon loves swimming. This year he is in the "swim team". It is basically like lessons but the next step up. They work on swimming farther and perfecting strokes.





This is Alex's first year in swimming lessons. We were really worried that he would cry and hate it. They start putting their faces in the water the first day and Alex hated that. But he has done really well. He loves going under the water and loves jumping off the side. In fact the very first day he went down the big slide! None of my other boys did that so soon. This first picture is of his class doing "ring around the rosie". Alex loved that.





This is my favorite set of pictures. Here is Tanner ready to dive. He has his hands together and is really concentrating.

Here is Tanner's cute dive. Notice his hands are still together! Too bad his feet got in the water before his head! (This is something they have not worked on yet)I have loved that the kids have been busy and having fun. But it will be nice to get back to our normal schedule.

6 comments:

Robin said...

WE'RE HOOKED TOO!!! Evan and I watched the first 4 seasons in a matter of weeks and then had to wait for each episode of the 5th season to come out weekly. It was a killer! Our laziest day was when we watched 14 episodes in a row. I don't know if we even fed the dog that day. :) Isn't it the best?

Cathryn said...

LOST. Yes, it's addictive. I had never watched it until I was at Kevin's house one time and they were watching it on DVD. After that I had to start from the beginning on DVDs from Netflix and watch the whole thing. It was hard to wait until the next group of DVDs arrived in the mail. Watching each episode weekly this year was so annoying after being used to watching them on DVD with no commercials and the next episode just a minute away. Can't wait to see what will happen next. Jack? Kate? James (Sawyer)? Juliet? John Locke? Gilligan, Mary Anne and the Skipper too? : )

Great swim lesson pictures. I love the diving that ends up feet first instead of head first. My kids did that too - I don't think they ever really learned to dive. Jumping in is so much easier.

John said...

Laura and I got sucked into Lost with a friend's DVDs through season 3. I think we'll wait until it's all over and then watch the whole thing through.

I think there's something in our genes that makes our children love water.

Chelita said...

I too love that water pictures of Tanner! So Funny! Seeing those pictures sure brought memories back into my mind of my swimming lesson days at Crestwood...

Oh yes, LOST. Nothing makes me happier than to hear that someone else is fully addicted to it! Jeff got me into it when I first got home from my mission. 4 days- i watched the whole first season!

Michelle said...

I was afraid that one of the boys had gotten lost swimming! :) So glad it wasn't that! We start swimming lessons in a week, not sure I am looking forward to so much time at the pool...oh well, it should be fun.
We haven't gotten into lost yet...but maybe I should since I have heard so many reccomendations, I am home alone so much it might be a good thing for me to get obsessed over!

Jefferson said...

Only 1 season left :( I've gotten so many people hooked on Lost. And, yes, I realize that it's just a soap opera with high production values. The kids are doing awesome in swimming. I still can't dive. I have issues about letting my head be below my center of mass.