Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bear Lake

We went to Bear Lake a few weeks ago. I have not had time to post pictures. So... here they are.
The first day my sister Joanna -- aka Aunt Joey came with us. We had so much fun just playing in the water and sand. The second day we met up with Andre's sister Nicole and her family. It was fun to play with them.
This is Andre "relaxing" in the boat. How do you relax when you have four kids?


The boat was a hit with all the kids.




Alex loved his rocket boat- but this next picture was the best I got of the four boys together. It had been a long day. Note: if you want any specific pictures, do it at the beginning of the day. Don't wait until everyone is too tired.

Chase was never clean. He would be eating and he would get sand in his food and in his mouth. He drooled multi colored food onto his clothes, he was a mess- a very happy mess.

The water was really shallow. We walked really far out there and the water was still only up to our knees. Frolicking in the waves. (Not really. I just like the word frolicking)
I don't think this was the intended use for an ore.
The water was kind of cold in the morning but by afternoon in the 95 degree weather the shallow water was really warm.
I had to put this picture in because it showed how much thought I put into being at the beach all day. NONE. I had packed all of our camping stuff, bedding, food and all the essentials. But I didn't think to bring any chairs or shade. I took nothing that would have made it easier to be at the beach. All that you see there is Joey's. She brought her chair and she got out a blanket for a break from the sand.
I did take toys and floaty stuff- the important stuff right?

A few days before we went to Bear Lake we were talking to Andre's sister Nicole. We found out that they were going to Bear Lake the same time as we were. And... they were staying in the same campground as us! So we got to hang out with them the second day. They had a few umbrellas and that is what made me realize how nice it would have been if I had taken shade! It is at least 15 degrees cooler in the shade. This is Nicole with Josh. I didn't take any formal pictures of them. I wasn't thinking.
This next picture shows how nice the beach was and how uncrowded it was. Yes this is Joey's dog daisy. I didn't get ANY pictures of Joey! I am a bad sister.



Do you think we took enough toys?
Our cousin Alia found out that if you throw mud at someone else...
...you are going to get it back!
I thought this was a great action shot. Tanner jumping into the water.

Alex finally warmed up to getting in the water- when it got warm.

We had fun and the kids still talk about Bear Lake.
Next time we will definately have shade and we will do a better job putting sunscreen on.

1 comment:

Joey said...

Little did you know I was hiding from the camera the whole time! It was so fun to go up there with you guys.