Monday, September 28, 2009

BYU

Growing up, BYU football was a big part of fall. I loved going to the games with tickets that my Aunt B gave us. I wanted to share some of those memories with my kids.
I took the older boys to a BYU game on Saturday.
Yes we totally won. Of course we did.
We had four tickets and Andre couldn't go. I tried to find someone to go with us.
Since no one on my side of the family was in the state, I looked elsewhere. On Andre's side of the family every one likes another school that I shall not name. But I have ONE ally! Josh loves BYU. So I took him with us. Do you think Josh could look any more cool? It was really hot. But in the first quarter we scored 3 touch downs. So we got to sing the fight song three times! (I was surprised that I had forgotten a lot of it.)
The boys had fun with binoculars. My kids don't know all the rules of football so I was explaining a lot. (Josh knows all about football so I didn't have to tell him anything.) It was fun to do the wave, the stomping, the yelling, and of course the eating of sugar.





Then... the game got over. It took forever to get out of Provo. What do two sugar hyped-up kids in the back seat with a camera do for an hour? These are some of hundreds of pictures that were on my camera.








GOOOOOOOO COUGS!

4 comments:

Chelita said...

Rise and Shout! Yea! How fun. I loved how no one in your family was in the state! So sad! I would have been there in a second! I love BYU games and I am so happy that your boys got to experience it! Plus I am so happy that they won! Maybe you should go every week! :)

Cathryn said...

Never too early to get them thinking about going to BYU! Looks like a fun day for the boys and mom, except for the drive home.

Mom said...

Rise and shout, that's what it's all about! Too bad we don't have personal flight machines to get us places where cars don't do well- like super traffic back up.

Joey said...

wish I could have been there!