Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Alex is funny

Alex is at that age. You know- that age where everything he says or does is funny.

This is Alex washing the car. Everytime it rains, he wants to wash our car. He gets a rag and a spray bottle and does it for a really long time. No he does not really dry it off because he spends so much time spraying. I don't mind because he is having fun.


Alex was sitting on the couch. And what I mean by sitting is, rolling around getting behind pillows and wallowing around in a “house” of pillows. I heard a bump. This happens often but this time there was no crying. Here is our conversation:
“Did you bump your head?”
“No, I bumped my elbow.”
I walked by him and kissed my fingers and then touched his elbow.
“Not that elbow.” He said as he raised his leg up in the air, “The elbow on my leg.”

--

Alex is still learning how to say certain words. Most of the words he struggles with have an L sound or and R sound. Because of this we had an interesting conversation the other day.
Chase: Dink, dink dink!!!!! Obviously asking me very patiently to give him a drink.
Alex laughing hysterically: Mom, Chase says ‘dink’ when he wants a ‘wink’!
He still laughs and laughs when I tell that story. He thinks it is so funny that his 20 month old brother can’t say words correctly.
--

Alex would not eat his dinner tonight and kept complaining and pouting about how he didn’t want it and he was not going to eat it. Jaxon decided that we should talk about our favorite and our least favorite thing about our day during dinner. Alex was so excited about his turn to tell about his day. Jaxon asked him what his favorite thing about today was. “Ummm, umm… dinner!” Andre took that opportunity to offer him a bite, which he totally refused. So then Jaxon asked what his worst part of the day was. He pointed to his food and said, “dinner.” --This is what I am dealing with people!
So after I told Alex that he could not have any of the conference treats until he ate his dinner, he ate the entire thing. Whatever.
--

Alex just opened my door and yelled, “Where’s dad?”
Me :“I don’t know.”
Alex :“He’s in the kitchen.”
Me :“Oh, why did you ask me then?”
Alex :“Cause.”
--

We went to the zoo last week. By the time we got back in the car Alex was exhausted. I kept waiting for him to fall asleep but his eyes were wide open. He kept telling me how tired he was. I told him that he could close his eyes and go to sleep. He said to me, “I did already.”
--

Alex was eating his lunch in the kitchen. I came walking in the kitchen after doing something in another room. Alex said, “I was calling you mom. I called you tkno times.” I was not sure I heard him and I asked how many times he called me. He said with a smirk on his face, “I called you zero times”.
--

At dinner we talked about general conference and those of us who listened were talking about our favorite parts. Basically it was Andre and I explaining our favorite talks and what we learned. Alex popped up and said the truth for all children, “My favorite part was playing with all the toys.”
--

The Zoo had a bunch of babies this last time. They were cute so I thought I would entertain you with a few pictures taken by my mom.
The elephant baby was sooo cute. He climbed up onto this ball and then fell and laid under his mom for a minute. It reminded me of my children.
The giraffe looks tiny until you see the measurement marks on the wall. He is 7 feet tall!


Snow Leopard cub laying down behind mom.

No zebra babies, just my babies.


2 comments:

Chelita said...

Those are great stories! That Alex of yours is sure a crack up! I'm glad you have them written down for posterity!--I espeically like the one about the dink vs the wink. That is funny!

RaNae said...

What a hoot. Like Chelita said, glad you have them written down. I remember things every so often that my kids said when they were little, but I don't have them written down.

Jaxon sounds so grown up.