If you read our post last year you saw that we try to do some fun active "Olympic events" on New Years Eve.
It keeps us home and warm, the kids love it, and it will grow with our kids.
This means that eventually all our kids will know how to take turns and do all the events, we can do harder events in the future, and we will eventually keep score and give awards.
This is the first year we included some Wii events like boxing and tennis.
Long Jump- we did try to measure, but Chase walked off with the tape measure.
Basketball! This was a fun one this year with everyone enjoying it. The little boys love this and there are some funny facial expressions. So I placed multiple pictures of them.
Long Jump- we did try to measure, but Chase walked off with the tape measure.
Basketball! This was a fun one this year with everyone enjoying it. The little boys love this and there are some funny facial expressions. So I placed multiple pictures of them.
We do lots of events but I am only putting pictures of a few. You don't have to re-live every moment of our lives.This year I tried to get pictures of bowling- where the action is. I laid down behing the pins and told them to bowl. It was really hard to get a good shot. And I got whacked a few times. I am glad I did it because the pictures are funny.



Then we got our ping pong table out. We don't get this out very often so it is a fun activity.
But really- the little boys just got in the way of real playing.So we let them just take over. On the table is a lot easier for them. But it took both of us to make sure they didn't fall off and to get all the balls for them. It was exhausting- but look how much fun they had. 

Then we got our reward! Ice Cream Sundays!
We had tons of fun. Then at 7:45 we had a count-down and banged pots and pans. We yelled "Happy New Year" and made a LOT of noise. The little boys were in bed asleep by 8:15. This gave us a lot of time to play ping pong and Wii games with the bigger boys. This is the first year that Tanner stayed up until midnight. I am sure Jaxon has stayed up before. I just don't remember. We played and played. Then we put on a movie and we thought they would for sure fall asleep. Nope- they stayed awake past midnight and loved it.
We had tons of fun. Then at 7:45 we had a count-down and banged pots and pans. We yelled "Happy New Year" and made a LOT of noise. The little boys were in bed asleep by 8:15. This gave us a lot of time to play ping pong and Wii games with the bigger boys. This is the first year that Tanner stayed up until midnight. I am sure Jaxon has stayed up before. I just don't remember. We played and played. Then we put on a movie and we thought they would for sure fall asleep. Nope- they stayed awake past midnight and loved it. - This is going to be a great year- I can just feel it. At the end of the year when I am right- you can congratulate me on being a great fortune teller.





3 comments:
I am totally ready and waiting to congratulate you on your fortune telling skills. It IS going to be a great year (how could it fail with a party like that to start it off?)
Looks like some fun New Years traditions going on there!
I forgot that you do this and I love it! I love traditions! Maybe one day I can participate! (But beware... I may just dominate!)
Post a Comment