it means talks walks makes
it is the number 7
it is like grapes
it is the memoryy of garlic bread
Her name is Jennele
it means woman who likes me
my mother's love means
everything to me she
gives me hugs helps
me whith my home
wrorck helps me cleen
my mother's love means
everything to me
-
Here is the cover and a picture of me! It looks just like me!
Alex got his Kindergarten shots. He was so brave and did not even cry. But his arms have been hurting for 2 days. If his Ibuprofen has worn off, he can't even lift his arms to take his shirt off. Poor kid :(
About a week ago we found a broken robin egg on our front porch. This confirmed my suspicion that there was a nest somewhere in our yard. We are thinking it is somehow in the rain gutters or somewhere up on the roof above our front door. I don’t know, I have never been on our roof and don’t ever plan to. For some reason the egg fell out of the nest and onto our cement stairs. The little boys were very curious about it and asked lots of questions about robins and their eggs.
-
Last night I was weeding the flower beds by our front stairs. Have I mentioned that I have WAY too many flower beds? Well I do. I heard the familiar sound of little feet scurrying in our rain gutters. Then I hear a bird scream. This was not a chirp, not a squawk, this was a, “I am terrified and screaming for my life” kind of a scream. It had to be the bird that lives somewhere up there on my roof because it sounded bird-like. The screaming repeated over and over as I stood on the ground helpless and clueless about what was happening. It sounded like something was being attacked. I could only imagine a baby bird in its nest waiting for its parents to come back then being attacked by something else. I don’t know if this is the case, but that is what I imagined. I did the only thing I could do. I grabbed a small handful of dirt and threw it onto my roof. I hoped this would scare off whatever should not be on my roof. The screaming continued for 1 minute or so. It was eternity for me standing on the ground. Then it stopped. Absolutely no sound. A few second later I heard scurrying feet again- then nothing. I will never know what happened on my roof, but I am traumatized by it.
-
Chase must not really understand the whole “egg” thing. Yesterday we saw some bird poop on Chase’s bedroom window. He said, “That is bird poop because it is white. It is not robin poop. Robins poop out eggs. It is blue and it has yellow stuff inside of it.”
-
My parents were over the other day and we were in the back yard. Jaxon was having fun squirting a squirt gun at stuff. He asked us, “Who wants to get squirted?” We all answered with hum, uh, um… Then mom decided that they ought to go and said, “Where are my shoes? Jaxon can you go and get my shoes?” Jaxon left and didn’t come back for a while. My mom went to see what was taking so long and she saw Jaxon emptying his squirt gun into her shoes. He asked who wanted to get wet and my mom answered with- go get my shoes. He is 10. He takes everything literally.
-
Alex is really into praying. He loves to be the one that says the prayer. He says, “Thank you for this day… Thank you for my heart, my lungs, my eyes, my heart, my brain, my skin, my heart, my fingers…” He loves his heart.
-
Chase is SO cute. He says the funniest things and has the funniest faces when he says them. I try to remember them. I really do. I think to myself, “Self, you really need to put these funny things on a blog so you can remember them”. But I forget them almost instantly. When I sit down to write a blog. All I can remember is that Chase is a very funny boy. I will do better- I promise. A couple of thoughts on Chase: He is very musical and can remember tunes and songs even if he has only heard them a couple of times. But don’t ASK him to sing because he won’t. He has to just decide that HE wants to sing. He likes to analyze things. He will say something like, this is taller or bigger then this other thing, because it is greener and green is his favorite color. The logic isn't there, but he is thinking and trying to explain things to me. I can tell he is trying to impress me with his knowledge and be a big boy. Chase is also trying to get potty trained. Have you ever thought how the term “potty trained” sounds to a three year old. I can’t remember the words that he said, but he thinks it has something to do with a “choo choo train”. Adults can be so weird sometimes. Speaking of this… Does anyone else want to try potty training him? I am not doing a good job. He does not go on his own. He goes, when I take him to the potty. If I am good and take him every 1½ to 2 hours, we have NO accidents. But if we are outside working in the yard, or I am distracted and not concentrating on his liquid intake, then we have accidents all. day. long. This would be ok, if it was the first few days of the whole potty training thing. But it is NOT the first week or even month. We have been doing this for months. He just will not go on his own. It drives me crazy.
5 comments:
Mom's shoes were Soaked!! Ha HA
I can't believe he didn't cry when he got his shots! High five buddy!
What in the heck happened to that poor little bird?
HAHA about Jaxon and the shoes! That's SO funny!
The screaming bird traumatized me just reading about it. :(
Potty training is the worst part of parenthood! I hear ya on the terminology of "potty training" to a toddler. Caleb told me, "Mama, I want to see the Potty Train. Take me to the potty train."
I love the poems. These are good things to record--reminders of why we love our children, sweet gestures. :) (not that I ever need reminding....)
thank you Janelle for traumatizing me as well as I read that. poor poor bird.
I love your boys and the stories. I think its hysterical that he soaked moms shoes! What a stinker- good thing hes cute! :)
Post a Comment