Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Break

The boys had a week off of school. We decided to head south to get away. Andre's parents moved down to St. George last week so we could see them and their new house too. Bonus.  My kids love to hike. My foot is not ready to hike so I took a lot of books and had hours of reading while they hiked. Heaven.

The first day we went to Pioneer Park in St. George. We always go here went we go to St. George. The kids love it and it is close and convenient to the city. It was pretty windy this day so the hike was not too long.






We also hung out with Andre's sister Marci and her family. But I did not take any pictures. It always amazes me that our kids get along so well. They hardly ever see each other but they always have fun.

The next day we went to the Bartlome's new house and it is amazing! I got to hang out with Carol as all the boys and men went hiking in Snow Canyon. This is the Hidden Pinyon trail- yes they found the Pinyon at the end.
Grandpa Bartlome went with them.




Alex is pointing at the hidden Pinyon tree.



Pioneer Names Hike in Snow Canyon
The boys were freaking grandpa out. They were climbing on such steep cliffs that he thought for sure they would fall. (I am sure I would be freaking out if I were there.)

Chase freaked himself out when he realized how high he was.





It was a really fun hike.


Grandma and Grandpa's new house. It is really nice and perfect for them.
I was sad when I heard they were moving down to St. George, but now we just have a reason to travel to see them more.


That night we went back to the Sand Dunes in Snow Canyon.


It got dark and it was too hard to take pictures but this shows the dunes.
Sleepy Chase. I wish they made seats with head rests.

Our last day we went to the Red Cliffs hike. We tried to go to this earlier in the trip, but it has become so popular that you have to go pretty early in the morning to get a parking spot.




The kids just love to climb on the rocks and cliffs.

I don't know what Alex and Chase were doing but this is a funny picture.

You get to this pool of water area and you have to start doing fancy stuff to get through. You either have to walk through the water or...
You climb those foot holes in the rock. Andre says that it is a lot harder then it looks. 
It is not impossible, just challenging.
This is a picture from the other side looking down at the foot holes. 




We also stopped at the St. George Temple and got a few pictures. 
I love how white this temple is. Especially against the red rocks.

It was a fun trip. I have a feeling that we will do this again a lot more.

1 comment:

Chelita said...

Those pictures bring back so many memories of when we were little. I loved going to those places!