Monday, November 18, 2013

Stuff that I have been thinking about.

Alex: Mom, I have three life rules.
Me: what are they?
Alex: 1) Don't die  2)Try not to get hurt  3) Don't ever paint your fingernails.

Chase and I are in the car a lot and we somehow get in the most random discussions. He just chatters away and I try to make it a real conversation. One day we were talking about if Heavenly Father could make you strong. Chase said, "Yes, he can, but Satan does not. We need to get strong so we can fight Satan." I talked to him about how God helps you get strong only if you choose the right. Chase said, "God gives us anything we need if we choose the right- but Satan is the opposite. Like if we need a potato- God will give it to me, but Satan will give me a potato with a bomb in it. So when I get the potato, it blows up and I have nothing." 

Chase chews on everything. If he is just sitting watching television and there is a toy on the ground, he will chew on it. He chews on his shirts, he chews on his pencils... everything. Well, he recently chewed on my glasses. Hello! My glasses?  (then I lost my glasses, so I guess that didn't matter). The other day I came in and saw that he was chewing on my camera strap. You know the little thing you can put around your wrist.   I yelled at him and told him to stop it. Well, that day was actually Halloween day. Later I went to get my camera to take pictures of our Halloween costumes and such. Guess what? The saliva had dripped down into my camera and broke the screen of my camera. It still takes pictures, but you can't see what you are taking a picture of. I am NOT happy about this.  So, it works-- I just hold my camera up to something and hope to get what I want and push the button. Lame.

I have a new toy. It is my new iphone. It is my birthday/Christmas present. (yes I know neither of those are now. I just got it now because I needed a phone.)  AND the big news is that I get service at my house! So... everyone call me or text me on my new phone because I might actually use it more if people use it.

Yesterday at church Chase had a talk in primary. He put on a mask and had a shield of Captain America.  Immediately all the kids in the room were quiet! Chase talked about how he was Thankful (the topic) that Heavenly father gave him super powers. Like: He can see in the dark! God gave us the sun... He can leap tall couches, because God gave him feet... He can know the future because God gave us prophets. He also has a super hero side kick in the Holy Ghost. They are so many things you can say! It was really fun for Chase to do AND even the sunbeams listened.  If you have to write a talk, you should do something like that too. Also at church Andre sang and did a superb job. I really liked hearing him sing. He sang "Come thou Fount" which is one of my favorites.

I have been think a lot about the things I am thankful for. I am really thankful for my friends and family. That is most likely you since I don't have many readers of this blog. But I am thankful for all of you and the support and friendship and love that you all give to me.

I have  lots of other thoughts, but I just wanted to get those funny things my kids said written down before I forgot them.




5 comments:

John said...

That is an awesome primary talk! Your kids are fun.

Cathryn said...

I love hearing about all the funny things your kids say. Keep on blogging. I'm still reading it. : )

G'ma and G'pa said...

Oh Janelle, how I love your blogs especially your children's comments on life. You guys are doing a mighty good job with them and with such "patience". Thanks, It is always an uplift. Dad

G ma Y said...

your kids say the cutest things. you are a great mom.

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog. I always laugh out loud!!! I love you too. I'm so thankful that I have you in my life.