For New Years Eve dinner we always try to come up with something different that we don't have very often. Joanna and I came up with skewers this year. I have never made them so they are new for the kids.
Chase liked the chips better
We had and orange Thai beef, and a bacon wrapped teriyaki chicken. We also had "veggies on a stick".
Then.... on to the Olympics! In the past we have not really tried to keep score or find a winner. Our youngest are a lot younger then our oldest and I didn't want them to get mad about losing. This year we did do a tournament and kept track of winners and losers for 2 events: ping pong and air hockey.
It went really well. We did a double elimination so everyone played more then one game.
We did both events at the same time so every one was busy the whole time.
We only went to 5 points on ping pong and that went really fast- cause only Andre is good at ping pong.
We did 5 minutes on air hockey.
Then we did some of our old favorites: Wii bowling,
The do nothing game, (Andre watches for any movement- if you move then you are out)
And, paper airplane contest, 3 legged race, long jump, and sack race (must wear the sack after the race apparently).
Then we had chocolate fondue for our dessert. yummy!
The played a board game or two, then had a count down with Chase.
He was amazed that I let him stay up until 9:30!
The boys watched x-men together. I had a goal to get the book of Mormon read during 2013 and had a few chapters left to go. I got that done at 11:55 and joined the boys downstairs for the countdown. Alex almost made it to midnight. He has had a lot of sickness the last few months and we didn't want him to be too tired on top of it. Next year he can do it.
Happy New Year!
1 comment:
I love your New Year's Eve Olympics!!! Such a fun idea. The "do nothing game" made me laugh!
Post a Comment