Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving

In our house we have some letters. We spell some weird things with those letters. This month we put them out as "I am thankful for...." then the kids would randomly put random words there. Sometimes it would be there for days and sometimes it would be changed 5 times in an evening. 






Because of my surgery and the fact that I can't walk for 2 more weeks meant that Thanksgiving dinner was at our house this year! My parents came over early early and got the turkey cooking and made most of the stuff at our house. It was fun to have them entertain us for the day. 


Look! All the other adults doing stuff and I am not even helping!
Pictures around the table



Getting the food! The most important part! The food was sooo good!

Grandma and Chase

Joey and some of the boys.

My dad and Aunt B

I just realized that I have no pictures of the pie! We had yummy pie. 4 pies. Mostly Pumpkin. Lots of whipped cream. Yum!

It was a really nice relaxing day for me because I didn't do much. My mom worked hard with all the making of food and other stuff that I can't do. I did make jello the night before. That is so easy- should not be a problem. Well. I have a knee scooter to help me get around. You have to have at least one hand on the handlebars or it steers weird. I could not figure out how to get the full pan of watery jiggley jello into the fridge without spilling it (everyone else was asleep). So I carried it over with just the hot water in it. That was hard enough but it wasn't very full or heavy for one hand. Then I finished making it in the fridge. Just poured the water and the fruit in while it was in the fridge. Then stirred it and closed the fridge door. I am amazing.


Did I mention that we have sickies this week? Well, we have sickies this week. 
Fevers and sniffles and coughs and sore throats. They are miserable.

Thanksgiving morning was a lot of watching tv and movies. Then the afternoon activity with Grandpa and Joey was a movie. Then the kids play with the computer and ipods at any second that we let them. So... we did something different on Thanksgiving evening. Games. Everyone had a good time even though some were not feeling well. See if you can guess who is sick...


Jaxon was freezing




Poor boys. It really makes me sad.
Chase was the first sick and is mostly well now- just the sniffles.


Traditionally the tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving.

This year it was harder because I can't walk. Everything is harder because I can't walk. But after much toil and trouble Andre got the tree up and the lights on.  I sat in the only spot I could get to (all the boxes in the way) in the living room and handed out the ornaments to the 3 younger kids. Jaxon was helping Andre with the village set up.


It is beautiful and cozy and nice to have done. It was good to do something today. The whole neighborhood is home but my boys are sick and can't play. Alex is my well child. He played for a while and he went on a bike ride with Andre (kind of warm today). But the rest of us are stuck at home and bored.

Happy Thanksgiving!
I am Thankful for so many things. I will only say a few. They are not very surprising but they are true. 
I am mostly thankful for Andre. He really is amazing.
I am thankful for my wonderful kids.
My parents do so much for me and us. I am Thankful for them!
My brothers and sisters and their spouses,  My in-laws, Andre's family...so many others.
Friends and neighbors

Well- it looks like I am mostly thankful for the people in my life. I love you guys!

1 comment:

Cathryn said...

Hope you're walking around soon. I'm impressed with your jello solution. I loved the pic of your mom making the Thanksgiving gravy - reminded me of Grandma Jamison. Also impressed that you have your tree up and you can't even walk. So nice when the kids are old enough to actually do these things, if they really have to! Thanks for your blog posts - I'm still reading them.