More than a year and a half ago I took a picture of the beautiful blossoms on our trees in front of our house. It was spring 2013. I am always amazed at how pretty they are when they are popcorn-y. I wanted to remember them. Then the leaves that fall were spectacular. I took a picture of them.
I thought to myself, "self, you should make a blog about this". Then I got a bizzare idea about taking pictures of our house all year long.
So January 2014 I started taking pictures. I stood in my neighbor's driveway for this. Really, this is not my view of our house- it is our neighbors.
This month I was waiting for an epic snowfall and the freezing tundra that comes with January. I wanted to end the blog with the snowed-in look. We have not had snow at all and it has been warm (ish). I looked at the weather forecast and it is just getting warmer so I have given up on the snow. I finally had Jaxon take a picture for me. I can't show you the snow I wanted. But this is what our house looks like this month. (Even has the open garage from kids going biking- because heaven forbid that anyone would ever close our garage door. Even after we have had stuff stolen from our garage- they don't get it).
I am so excited for this blog not because it is great, but because it has taken forever to make.
January 2014
February
March
April
mid November
1 comment:
this was a great idea. seeing the change of seasons this way is quite dramatic. The tree covered in blossoms is so pretty, but doesnt last long. Amazing to see the same tree in summer and fall. Too bad winter lasts so long compared to the other seasons. If only it could just be winter for a week or two, it wouldn't be so bad. Great job of capturing all this. You should enlarge 4 changing seasons photos and put them on your wall somewhere.
Post a Comment