Saturday, January 24, 2015

Chase Turns Seven!

Chase turned seven this week! He has had a fun birthday week because we had a long weekend off of school, we had family time for his actual birthday, had a friend party yesterday and got to invite school friends over today. He is happy!

Chase wasn't too happy about a pirate party because he wanted a zombie party. I made him do a pirate party because I have done one for each of his older brothers and I wanted to do it for all my kids. It turned out that he was extremely happy with his pirate party and I did incorporate zombies.



This is a pirate zombie costume that we had in our costume box. We stuffed it with pillows and the kids attacked it with bows and arrows as we were waiting for people to come. (I was busy getting everyone pirate-y so I didn't remember to take pictures of kids actually shooting).

Look at these scary pirates. I thought it was warm enough for an outside picture. It was warm- but only for about 47 seconds.

We went downstairs and found that the zombies had scattered our pirate treasure everywhere so they had to gather it all up.

Then we had an obstacle course. 
We had to swab the deck...

Walk the plank...
Attack the pirate...

Crawl through the ship...

And attack the zombies...

(these are my favorite kind of zombies- do they look familiar to anyone else?)

The kids just liked to fight like pirates.

Then we had the pin the flag on the treasure map.
Pass the parrot (like hot potato)

Relay Races: Peg leg
Crab walk
Carry the skeleton with your knees.

Then we had a treasure hunt. 
This is always my favorite part because they get sooo excited and run all over.


We could not bury the treasure in the ground this year (January birthday)
but it was well hidden in a random cupboard.

They were exhausted and thirsty from all of that running. Cake time!
They pretty much devoured the cake- both the chocolate and blue parts.


Presents!

Chase had a great time! Thanks to all the friends and the moms for the presents. 

3 comments:

Cathryn said...

hard to believe your baby is 7 already. Great party! the pirate themed games, decorations, cake and all look really fun. Gma Jamison would be so proud. Looks like something she would have pulled off back in the day. Another great mom moment for you!

Mom said...

You are wonderful Fun for all.

Joanna said...

I agree with Cathryn, it was another great mom moment for you. looks like lots of fun!! ( I bet it was really loud too!)