Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Random August

We have the "pass of all passes" It is a pass that we bought for $25 dollars per person. We have gone so many places with this pass. We use it for so many things besides seven peaks. (which we have gone to a lot- just don't have many pictures.) We have saved so much money with that little pass and done lots of things we would not have done without it.

Part of it is to see a play at the Scera Theater in Orem. Here is us playing card games as we wait for it.

Look! Jaxon was with us! Band camp is not on Saturdays.
Here we are waiting for it to start. It was something called Crazy for You. It was cute. It was tap dancing! I worried about some of the boys, especially Chase lasting through it. It started at 8:00 so he was tired but because it was outdoors, he could wiggle a little and did great. It was fun.


If you cut up a pool noodle and then use toothpicks to attach them, you can make fun things!

And, they make fun bath toys later!

I have not had any luck growing food in my back yard. So this year I planted some in my front yard! So much better. My tomato plant is huge! There are tomatoes on it but they have not turned red yet.
My cherry tomato plants have done really well too. They taste sooo good!

We made a craft. Glue and food coloring- who would have thunk?
mix it up just a little
and let it dry for a longtime.

Look! Sun catchers

Here is the band practicing at band camp.

Here is the result of Jaxon always wearing a shirt and being outside all summer.
Can you imagine holding up a ginormous instrument for 10 hours a day? He needs a back rub every day.

Remember my peach tree? Remember how we have to beg people to come get our peaches because we have so many? Well, this year....

That is it! about 50 peaches.

They are delicious but there are not so many.  So we bottled 7 jars. These are like gold. The amount of work put into them makes them so valuable- plus they are deliciousness in a jar- literally.
Tanner wanted to make a pie so we did that and the rest are being put with ice cream and eaten plain. Delicious! Weird though. I hope my tree is not dying.


We have Hale center tickets for the family. One of the parents takes one of the kids to see the shows. This month was Chase's turn. He got  to see Oklahoma! It was fun. A little long for him but he liked it.

I forgot about the "kids bowl free" program until the end of the summer. We did go twice. That was really fun.

And at the beginning of the summer my kids had one request... they wanted to see the Minion movie. So. Yesterday was the last day of summer vacation. We saw it! It was much better then I thought it would be. (it was not great)

So... Summer is over. We had our father's blessings, we bought way too many school supplies, we set out our clothes,  we had our big bacon breakfast, and I sent them all off to school.

Now... can I do stuff that I need to do?

2 comments:

G'ma Y said...

Fun fun summer. Your kids are so lucky to have a mom that gives them so much to do!! I am sorry about the peaches. I was looking forward to sharing in your excess .

G'ma Y said...

Fun fun summer. Your kids are so lucky to have a mom that gives them so much to do!! I am sorry about the peaches. I was looking forward to sharing in your excess .