Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Happy Birthday to My Baby

This kid turned EIGHT!
I can't believe it. How can time go so fast? 
Here he is as I sent him off to school on a cold and snowy Wednesday

Guess what he got to do for his birthday? He started scouts! He has waited for so long watching his brothers and mom do scouts for his entire life. It is finally his turn.
This shirt is Andre's. Andre wore it when he was a cub. It has all the nifty badges that Andre earned. I wonder if his mom was the one that sewed those patches on. Probably. (And I'm rambling about that because Andre's mom died when he was 14. She was also not able to do much for him for a few years before that. So it is a cool thing that she was able to get those patches on while he was a cub.)
Chase got to "unwrap" his presents. Back when I had toddlers and life was crazy, I started wrapping presents in pillow cases. Now I have big kids and life is crazy so I continue the tradition. It's just easier.
He got boxes for his room to put his stuff in
Slipper socks, a Star Wars book, and other random things
Then it was cake time. He asked for a carrot cake since he heard Jaxon singing their praises. I put lots of sprinkles on it because he loves sprinkles.




Here he is wearing his new Star Wars shirt, new watch, and slipper socks.
It's a great day! 

Man I love that kid. He is so funny cute.

1 comment:

Cathryn said...

Great day for a birthday! Another one in Cub Scouts, that's great! The fun never ends for you! Enjoy!