Monday, March 14, 2016

Beginning of March

 March has been great weather. The kids are going outside. The trampoline is back as number one outside enjoyment maker. Bikes are being ridden all over the neighborhood. It is just fun. Andre started soccer (on Saturdays again so I may be able to go to a lot of his games again!) and he came home with a minor injury- par for the course!

Here are some pictures of March stuff. 

Andre helped me with the rocket portion of the science badge for Webelos. 
I have never shot one of these off and he has- So I recruited him. 

Learning how to set it up,
 3...2...1...blast off!   -------   dud

 3...2...1... blast off! It worked!

Running to catch it. Those things go really really high!

This boy does not have any front teeth!


My mom and I have been spending hours and hours going through family pictures, histories, and genealogy. It has been fun to spend time with her.
Our goal is to organize it, so that we can share the love. All of my kids, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, and cousins should have these pictures and family stories so we are going to figure out how to share. This will take years though- so don't hold your breath!

 I got to spend a whole day with this guy. My niece needed some help with her boy Otto. I was worried hanging out with a baby all day since I have not done it for so long. It was fun. My favorite part? Babies take naps!

 Chase finally got to use his Christmas present. He is very responsible with it. But- I still want an adult with them when they play with it- but it has been fun.

 He hit the target!

Alex won 2nd place in the region Inspirations contest.
(Remember he wrote a song for the piano and last month won 2nd place for the school)
 Great job! Now he is going to state!

 Jaxon has started his Eagle project! Here are the pictures we took for the flyer we made:

Example of a box that we need to fix:
Here are the words from the flyer:


Hello, my name is Jaxon Bartlome and I am working on my Eagle Scout project.  My project is repairing and improving the garden space at the Grace Mary Manor Apartments. 
Grace Mary is home to more than one hundred formerly homeless individuals.  These residents have many difficulties, such as mental disabilities, substance abuse, and poor health that have all come from living on the streets for decades.  Their lives have greatly improved through living at this facility.  Having access to usable garden boxes is very therapeutic for them.  They love being able to have their own space in which to grow food or flowers.

The current garden has fallen in disrepair. I am asking for the following so that I can begin work on the garden boxes, buy a longer hose, making stepping stone paths, create a compost pile, and repair the current work bench.
·         Monetary donations
·         Lumber and pavers (contact us if you want to donate supplies)
·         Soil
Thank you so much.  If you have any questions please contact me by calling (our phone number). I will be around Wednesday March 30 to collect any donations or you can drop it off at (our address)  Make checks payable to Housing Opportunities, Inc.



I sat down last night and started thinking about the next few weeks and all the stuff we need to do. I am a little bit overwhelmed by it all. BUT most of it is fun stuff. I just have to plan it and prepare for it so it is fun, not stressful. So... the next blog will be all the fun stuff we did! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Let me know what I can do to help with the Eagle project.