Saturday, April 30, 2016

April Random Stuff

When April started I was relieved. All the crazy holiday stuff was behind me and I thought that April was going to be a lot less busy. Ha!  Yes, it was a different kind of busy- but it was busy.

I want to start with a picture of an old family bible. Because this kind of thing is what I am doing lately.  
One of the things it says- near the bottom- is "June 11th Floyd B. Dean and Alice Smith were married". Those are my Great Grandparents. It turns out that Julia Alice went by Alice. Who knew? I didn't. At the top it talks about Carl and Ida. Those are Floyd's parents. My Great Great Grand's.
My Mom and I are doing this awesome Family History project. I am totally getting to know my ancestors and it is making me sooo happy.  Seriously I could do it all day long. But I have other junk to do... like laundry. So I have to stop and go home. So sometimes it seems like all I do in my spare time is family history- and I love it. Who needs spare time?
In case you needed to know, it had a recipe for a Diptheria remedy in it.
Do you have any pulverized lobelia laying around and you don't know what to do with it? I got you covered. I had to look up Diptheria. I had no idea what it was. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that now.

In other news... Alex was playing with my stamps that I got when I was nine. They are the alphabet. Does anyone recognize them? If so, I have known you for a long time.  I love them.

The webelos made a shelter. It would have been better if we would have had leaves. But it is spring! there are no leaves.
We also learned how to start a fire without matches. Steel wool and a battery! Awesome.

Musical chairs at pack meeting!
Alex played the recorder thing like a pro. Seriously he did. Did I mention that he had recorder lessons at school this year? 

He is doing great at piano too. He likes it and is working hard at it.No complaining around here from that kid.

There is a game. It is a really good game. I don't know If I have mentioned it on here. It is called Betrayal at House on the Hill. You should try it.

Remember my storage room? Well, I could not even walk in it.

Here it is now!
I can actually find stuff in there now!
It really is amazing how much junk was in there.

Jaxon helped my parents with some yard work. I was looking at what they had done and I noticed a tumble weed in their flower bed. My parents are so amazed at the wind that we have in South Jordan. And how the wind always bring tumble weeds to their house. I took this picture.
Right when I took that picture another tumble weed blew across.

Alex won Honorable Mention for the piano music that he wrote. This was for the State Inspirations contest! He is saying that it is 3rd place. 
 Great job!

Chase is doing soccer still.He is camo color.
Here he goes. Look at that orange number 7. He is huge.
And there is Chase on the ground. It happens a lot. Especially when you are up against huge number sevens.

Here he goes again...

Soccer man.


Alex and I are starting a new project. (And Alex got his new baseball shirt. Baseball is starting)


I saw this awesome picture on facebook. I had almost all of these boys in my dens over the years I have been the Webelos leader. These are all the boys in the troop just before Jaxon and I started cubs. There are only 3 boys in this picture that I didn't have in my webelos den. The oldest one is 18 currently. That means I have been a scout leader for 8 1/2 years! 

Anyway... three of those boys had their eagle court of honor. It was cool to see.

I helped decorate the school for teacher appreciation week. They told us that they had paper and supplies. When we got there they wanted ideas. I wish I knew that I needed ideas before I got there. I could have spent hours on pinterest! Don't they know that creativity only comes from pinterest? These are only part of what I did. It took me all day and I was so tired. When I got home I collapsed. Seriously. How does decorating make you tired?


And..... Jaxon started Driver's Ed. He is driving on the range. Band stuff is starting up also. There is never a dull moment around here.

Happy April.

No comments: