Sunday, May 1, 2016

Alex's room

When we first moved into this house the first project we did was paint Jaxon's room. He was 4 and really liked trucks and trains and stuff. We wanted a room that would grow up with him. I made these Antique vehicle pictures by scanning them and photoshopping them.


 Over the years everyone of the boys has had this room. They have liked it. But Alex has seen his big brother's rooms downstairs and he wanted his room re-decorated. I said no like 100 times. I already did this room. But he won. I came up with a plan that was not too much work and this is what he got for his birthday. 

Here are the before pictures:




His biggest complaint was the antique car border. So that had to go.


But... I didn't want to mess with painting the whole room.

Boom. Green border. He loves it!


We added this new "stuff holder". Alex and Chase put it together. And added touches of green.

He is still into maps- But he is really into science too. So the kids went through the whole house and gathered all the sciency things that they could find. He also got new curtains and new green sheets that you can not see.

Here are the after pictures:



The Einstein picture says "Imagination can take you Everywhere"

They got out the chemistry kit and made a display. I am not freaking out about the colored water and oil.... I am not freaking out about the colored water and oil. (it will only be there for a day or two).

Sciency toys..
 Yea for ten year olds!

No comments: