During the night that my dad died, my brothers and sisters and I and my mom were in constant contact. They spent a lot of time figuring out how to get here. Jeff has boys in high school and this was the week of their finals. The boys and Allison had to wait until Friday afternoon to leave- but Jeff came up on Saturday about noon. John, Laura and the girls left Saturday morning and drove for 14 hours from Washington and arrived about 8:00. They stayed at our house. Jill's family was right in the middle of having the flu. They could not leave immediately. Jill and her mother-in-law left at bed time Sunday night and drove all night. She has little boys who would not do the drive well as awake people. Jimmie planned on getting well and flying up on Friday.
So... here are some pictures of us spending time together. Cousins playing in Grandma's basement.
They found some boxes that had family history stuff. It was fun to go through with the kids.
Lots of talking and looking at pictures and talking about memories of Dad.
At our house hanging out, and having dinner together.
Grandma took a treat out to the kids playing out in the golf course.
We went on a walk.
The kids ran ahead and made a block out of tumble weeds. They thought they were so funny.
A loved hanging out with Alex.
Monday the little boys arrived. They are the cutest balls of energy you have ever seen.
They loved playing on our trampoline. But they wanted their cousins to be with them.
Board games!
S is in that "I love to be messy" stage.
A and J loved to dig in the dirt.
We made shrinky dinks.
Some of us got the flu, but those that felt good went to the lake.
Ducks!
S was so cute and he loved to feed the ducks.
Thursday night the kids each read their talks to each other. It was a very emotional time.
Friday we all got together for lunch and visited with my Aunt B.
Aunt B is my dad's sister. It was good to see her.
Saturday afternoon a few went to a park.
Finally we got to hang out with Jeff's boys. Game time!
We had so much fun together.
It is so sad that my dad couldn't be with us.
Sunday at 5:30 am I said goodbye to John and his family. We celebrated my birthday at lunch.
At 3:00 I drove Jeff's and his family to the airport
Jill and Jimmie left at 7:00ish. They needed to sleep in the afternoon so we took her boys to the park to get them really tired.
They had a lot of fun.
I think it has been since I was in my teens when I was with all my brothers and sisters on my birthday. That was awesome.
It was a good week. A terrible week. A fun week. A sad week. A really nice week. I loved seeing everyone and making memories.

1 comment:
I think being together was such a good way to get through that tough week. I think you described the week perfectly.
Post a Comment