We have had garage door issues lately. So we called the guys who fix our garage doors. They came- I showed them the problem with the door and they started fixing it. It was a guy around 60 and his 30ish year old son. They are good guys and we have had them fix our broken springs periodically.
I started doing the dishes. I heard a terrible yell/scream like Ahhhh coming from my front yard. I opened the door tentatively and peaked into the garage wondering if I heard it right- maybe it was a joke. All of a sudden the son came running into the garage looking panicked and yelled, "call 911 right now!" So I did. As I was dialing, I went out to see what had happened. The guy had gotten on his ladder to reach the stuff on top of his van. The ladder fell out from under him and he landed on his back and hit his head hard. His son turned to him and saw him have a seizure. He was unconscious until I walked out there and he woke up- confused.
He seemed fine, but by them we had called the paramedics and they were on the way. They checked his back, and neck and head. And told him that because he had had a seizure, that meant he had a serious head injury.
I didn't want to be obnoxious, but I wanted to take a picture to document this unusual occurrence. I walked to the side and quickly took a picture. It was bright and I wasn't really looking at my phone- so I didn't notice that my finger was in the way. But it shows all the paramedics working with the guy.
The rest of the story: They came a few days later and fixed our garage. He was ok, he had a head ache for a few days- and his kidneys were hurting because he landed on his back so hard. I'm glad he was ok.
I never did get my dishes done that day.
We had scouts- did an experiment about if fertilizer helps plants grow. and then learned about electricity
Because Alex has a bigger part of his play, he has extra practices and is practicing with his friend in our neighborhood. He loves it!
Alex and Chase had Literacy Night at the school. I had Young Women Basketball so Andre got to take them. He loves that kind of stuff :)
Tanner and his group of friends have been having a lot of lateovers. I love that they get along so well and have fun together.
Jaxon's band have been the pep band for Bingham basketball. He is so lame that he doesn't want to go. He should be happy to be doing such a normal high school thing.
Jaxon and his friends have been doing a lot of Dungeons and Dragons.
Afterward, Chase got invited to a late over with a friend and he had a great time. Jaxon and Tanner had a scout campout for their winter camp. This is Tanner's favorite thing in the world. He was in heaven. Jaxon liked it too. I wish I had pictures of this but my boys don't take pictures of anything. Because everyone else had something to do, Alex invited some friends over for a lateover. Board games and baseball in the basement. Andre and I watched our latest obsession on netflix- Person of Interest.
Chase's class is learning about simple machines. They had a balloon car race. I went to help/watch.
I have been hanging with my mom a lot- we went shopping on Presidents Day for couches. She is in the market for something new. My mom is going to hang with my brother and family in Washington for a couple of weeks so I drove her to the airport. We went shoe shopping. Let me tell you. I am so lame with what shoes I like. I guess I am just old fashioned. I don't like the styles now. I have Never worn heels because of how bad my feet are. My feet are very big- size 11 or 12. and because of my loosening ligaments my feet are getting wider and wider. I just can't find shoes very easy. So that was kind of a frustrating shopping trip. But still fun to be with her.
Andre took the boys swimming one day on or around presidents day- I can't remember which day. They had lots of fun. My boys love swimming. There has also been a lot of board game playing. We just can't get enough of that. The 3 younger like to play D and D and love it when Jaxon joins them too.
My favorite Webelos day is the science experiment day. We only had 5 boys that day which made it very manageable. We made grape juice turn green and then red again in this picture below.
Elephant toothpaste.
and we did a lot of other experiments. I wish we could do that every week. It is fun.
I helped decorate the school for the book fair. That is a lot of work. I made the waterfall.
That was the end of February. (actually I think some of those things were during the first part of march- but oh well...

















No comments:
Post a Comment