Monday, November 20, 2017

November

 November has been a great weather month until the last few days. We have had sunny, mostly warm days.

For Andre and Alex, the last few weeks have been all about getting to know and teaching Dylan the discussions with the missionaries. This was a picture back on Nov 2nd when these 3 and Andre went to temple square to meet up with the missionaries.  Dylan was baptized today- the 18th. Alex is excited to have a new friend at church. 

I talked about going to the canyon in another blog. We also went to see a movie and went to a toy store. because we had time, and it was right there. It is sad that my kids are mostly grown out of toys.
I taught a lesson in Young Womens, Andre taught the gospel essentials class, and Tanner taught the Teachers quorum. It was a busy Sunday.  

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are just really busy days with all the kids activities. Piano, scouts, Hapkido, and orchestra keep us busy. Then I also have young women's. This is a picture of Young women in excellence. of girls getting their awards. 

We had pack meeting and this guy earned his bear award. 

My mom and I have started another project. We are working on my dad's life story. He had written up to college. But then he died. So we got my aunt to finish up some of the childhood events. My mom and I have written the rest of his life. We are almost done. But it has been kind of an intensive project.

Andre took off a couple days around Veterans day. We got a great start on our Christmas shopping and other errands. Then he started this Christmas light project. The lights are supposed to be on permanently and we can change the color. So, we can have orange and yelloe around Thanksgiving and green around March. Andre was up the ladder for about 6 hours on one day and 3 another day and around 2 more today and he is finished. His boys helped him a lot. But it is a great project.  


That Saturday I spent ALL day going  through everyone's clothes. Getting out the too small, and seeing what everyone needs, and passing down to the next brother and starting over in their room. Nightmare. Every Season I do it again. 

Tanner went to a stake dance on Saturday night and he really liked it. The guys from our ward met up with some of the girls from our ward and hung out. And danced even.

The next day we went to a Special Conference for our Stake. We had Elder Whitney Clayton and Elder Sitati from the quorum of the 70 there. That was cool.

Monday-Wednesday kind of normal craziness with extra missionary duties for Andre as Dylan's baptism approached. Tanner and Alex had a Court of Honor. Tanner got all of his merit badges that he has worked on all year and Alex has earned his scout, tenderfoot, 2nd class, and 1st class ranks already. 

I did go to lunch with Regina and 2 people from our ward 20 years ago. Regina had kept in touch with them but I had not. So it was kind of cool, and also like eating lunch with strangers. It had been that long. They did look kind of familiar.
  
Thursday was my dad's birthday. We had pie to celebrate. Banana cream, lemon marange, and pumpkin. Yummy! 


Friday I spent the whole day working on my dad's story and my lesson for teaching the beehives. Honestly. I just want to get it done. So everything else in my house got really messy. 

Someone in my ward gave me their old sewing machine. So this morning I whipped it out and sewed the badges on. All by myself. I hate to ask others to do something for me and now I don't have to! (except, I am not sure what to do when the bobbin thread runs out. I may need some help figuring that out. It has been a long time since 7th grade Home Ec. class. 

Then I started going through things to take down to Arizona and trying to declutter this house. Seriously, how do we get so much stuff? 

Then we went to Dylan's baptism. He is such a nice kid. 

Then we went down to the tabernacle to watch the bell ringers. The tabernacle has a bell ringer group and they are fabulous! It was cool to watch all the ways they hold the bells, hit the bells, swing the bells. They have huge bells and tiny bells, and weird tube things and long tube things that have a mallet attached. I don't know. I can't explain it. But it was cool. (behind Chase's head are some of the blue tables with some of the bells. There were tons of them.) 

 The boys. At the Tabernacle. 

Jaxon joined the ward choir lately so Andre, Jaxon and I sang on Sunday- a cool Thanksgiving song. And we are practicing a lot on the Christmas songs.

Alex had his priesthood preview meeting last night. That was cool. I can't believe that he is almost 12.

This morning the three younger boys had dentist appointments  Chase got a parachute guy as a prize.
It's the simple things in life 

No comments: