Sunday, April 8, 2018

Spring Break

It is the first week of April and we have done a TON of things. That is because it is spring break and we tried to do a "stay-cation" kind of thing. Andre took the week off and so did the boys. it was very relaxing (except when it wasn't)

Easter Sunday Morning. It was also General Conference and April Fools. 

Because we didn't have church, I decided to do the Easter egg hunt on Sunday. In our house, it is usually a Saturday event. 
  
  
 It was harder then I thought to find those eggs. 

These are the "eggs" that Andre found as he wondered around picking up garbage and stuff from around our yard. Anybody want some golf balls? 

Eating candy. 

While Andre was out hiding eggs, I was making breakfast and put up this little sign. I told all the kids about it and that they had to wait for Andre to come take care of it. We had Alex bend down just to peek. Then Andre flipped the bowl up and I screamed and scared everyone. Alex was so confused because there was no mouse. April Fools!

General conference again. Hands busy... ears open



Game time

Easter dinner


After dinner game time

We got bunny ears- ring toss game for Easter. It was a fun activity




Then we watched the Princess Bride. 

The next day we did a fund raiser for the boys to earn money for camp. We got rid of roots and rocks. 

 Then we put new soil down 

 We did the backyard flower beds too, but we did not get pictures of that. 


 The boys worked hard! 

 That night we went to eat at CafĂ© Yugo. This is the restaurant that Jaxon works at. We had to go check it out. Yum-ee

Oh ya. I forgot to mention that a television series  just came out with some new episodes. It is an obsession in our family so of course the boys binge watched it over the weekend. "A Series of Unfortunate Events." It is very good and I like it too. 

Tuesday we decorated our Easter eggs. 
 This was a weird new way. Alex whipped up some whipped cream. Chase put food coloring
 Tanner mixed it up with toothpicks. 
 Then you rolled them in the cream.
 Wait 5- 10 minutes.
 When you rinse it off, They are tie-died! 


That afternoon we went to see Black Panther. It was an awesome movie. 

Andre and Chase went to a Jazz game. 

Tanner, Alex and I played some board games that night.

Wednesday we went south.  
Jaxon is going to Snow College in the fall. So we went down for a tour of campus and a meeting with a counselor to get registered for classes. 
I was impressed by campus. All the buildings are nice and there are a lot of cool computer labs and a bunch of stuff that will be great for him.  

Then we wanted to go to the Manti Temple and have Jaxon and Tanner do baptisms there. BUT the temple was closed for 2 weeks for cleaning. We knew that, but went to go see it anyway. It is beautiful and we were 10 minutes away. 

 Oh, did I mention that we got a new car? It is so awesome. I really like it. 

Another view of the Manti temple. 

Since we wanted to go to a temple, we stopped by Payson on the way home. These guys enjoyed doing baptisms. 

I had researched something for Alex, Chase and I to do. There is a free museum in Payson. It had lots of interesting things to look at. 

 We had our own tour guide and everything. They don't let you walk around by yourself. But we enjoyed it. They got to dial a rotary phone and they liked that.  
 It was in the Peteetneet building in Payson which was a beautiful building. 

That Alex and Chase got to play with Emily and Avery while their family went to the Temple. (Jaxon was at work and Tanner had a friend thing)


The next day was a- hang out with John and Laura's family day! Hooray. Laura found out about a discovery center for Family history. We went and it was really cool. You use your LDS password and it can access your family tree and tell you lots of cool stuff about your ancestors. 

 You can dress like a pioneer by sticking your face in a digital picture and that was funny. 
 It will tell you famous people who you are related to- like 7th cousin 4 times removed. 

they had a green screen that put cool backdrops behind us. 

Chase jumped in front at the exact right (or wrong?) time.

Different background


The next place we went was the Bean Museum. It is a cool place to go when it is cold outside and you need something fun to do at a reasonable price (free).  Avery would not let go of Tanner's hand. She was obsessed. (and sometimes had Tanner and Alex's hands) 


The bug area is my favorite part.

 Elephants!
 These two are the best. They love each other.


Then we went to the Brick Oven for lunch. It was awesome having yummy pizza and root beer. 

We drove past the Provo temple and got a great photo. But for some reason it was hard for the kids to open their eyes. Squinty city.

We walked around on BYU campus
 Avery was in heaven with her boyfriends. 

We went into the art museum and this was the first thing I saw. This rainbow is so cool. It is made with string. It connects in a few places near this sky light. It blew my mind. 
 We were not supposed to take pictures of the art but I was just taking pictures of my family enjoying the art. This lady used paper towels and toilet covers in airplane bathrooms to make herself look like puritans or whatever. 


More rainbow string. I may have to do this in my house. 

Then we went to visit Aunt B. She is the best. She loves the kids and was excited to see everyone. 

That evening we played some games. 


I was showing John some family history so it ended up being Andre and the kids. 
Then John and Laura's family went home. It was awesome to see them.

Friday morning I cut Jaxon and Tanner's hair, and started going through my boys clothes- spring is upon us.  Weeks before, I planned to go to the Jordan River Temple open house. I thought it would be awesome to go on April 6th because April 6th is an awesome day.  
 It was fun to go with my mom too. 

That afternoon my mom bought new T-shirts for my boys. They love that. They all picked something that fits their personalities. 

I think we watched a movie that night. I can't remember.

Saturday came. I originally wanted to go somewhere. But didn't make any solid plans. I am glad I didn't because I was tired. I had a lot of stuff to do, and it was rainy all day.  I had wanted to go to an outdoor place- like the sand dunes. That would not be fun in the rain. 

The morning was my obsession with family history stuff right now. Then I finished going through Tanner and Jaxon's clothes (which turned into helping Jaxon clean his mess- I mean room.) Then it was 4:00 and time to make dinner and it was evening. The boys had had friends over and Andre played soccer so they left the house. But I did not. 

I also finished a project of mine this week. This is just something that I wanted to do. I love those fan charts but they only go back a few generations. I wanted tons of generations. 
This started because I am doing tons of research on church history and I wanted to know how our ancestors fit into church history. 

Here is my ultimate fan chart. 
 It starts with my boys so they can see both sides or their families. 
 It is just my bad handwriting- but it works for me. It goes back to my boys 7th great grandparents. And I love how everything is on one page. 
 The yellow highlights are the people that joined the church. I finished this chart this week and now I am writing up a quick summary of when these people were baptized and where they lived in church history. So when we are in Kirtland, we can see where the Tippets lived. When we are in Nauvoo, we can see where Alfred Douglas Young lived. (#Not related to Brigham)

Seriously. These people sacrificed so much for the gospel. I appreciate them so much. 

Today was Sunday and it was back to regular church. We have had stake and general conference so everything has seemed weird. 

Tomorrow starts real life. Andre is going back to work. The boys back to school. There will be lots of groaning in the morning.

It was a great spring break.

Oh ya. Jaxon tells me that I don't take enough pictures. (ha)
We had remnants of a bird on our front lawn last week. Jaxon told me that I should take a picture of that. I said that I didn't want a picture of a dead bird (really it was feathers- lots of them). He said, "You take soo many pictures of us doing nothing. Finally, when something interesting happens you won't take a picture of it." That is one of the differences between Jaxon and I. Our definition of what is interesting. Also- I told him to take a picture of it. He didn't.

No comments: