April is back and forth of freezing and warm. We had a warm week, then we had a cold rain. It brought fog. It was cool so I took a picture.
Then we had our last snow- on top of our blossoms.
Andre spent three or four days in this position trying to get the old disposal out and the new one in. Not a fun time.
Young women/young men activities. Human Foosball
Beehive trip to the Jordan Valley Temple
Have I talked about how crazy Tuesday nights are? Alex has "Up with Kids" practice and we have to pick up Alex at 6:30 or 7:00 (depending on the night). Andre goes out with the missionaries at 7:30 every Tuesday night. This is his assigned night. It can't change. Chase has Webelos at the church at 7. He can't walk to church- it is too far away. Tanner, Jaxon and I have Young women or young mens activities. So, sometimes it works out that we can get Chase to Webelos and home, but mostly not. We have to ask neighbors. Starting after Alex's birthday, it will be everyone has something at 7. But they are not at the same place very often.
Chase had a recorder concert at school.
We had Stake visits with some of the girls in the ward. And a random fireside on a Thursday night with Brad Wilcox. He is one of my favorite speakers from my teenagerhood. So that was fun to share with my boys. They didn't know him. They only know Hank Smith.
Then, I got sick. It seemed like a cold. Then it turned on me. It was like a sinus infection (which I've never really had so I am not sure). I was down and sick for 3 days. I lost a weekend. And 2 weeks later, I am still coughing. That is what Asthma does for me. My lungs take forever to clear. My nose won't stop producing the stuff that makes me cough.
Tanner had a stake dance. He has a lot of fun with those. This last one was The greatest Showman themed. Which reminds me. We finally watched "The Greatest Showman". We have all loved the music since December. But we never went to the theatre. Finally. The DVD came out and it was really good.
Andre has been playing soccer. I have not gone to a game yet. This last weekend I was sick. But I need to go to next weekends game. Here is my problem. I am a mom. That is my first priority. It is hard for me to have my kids have friends in and out and me not be here. I need to just realize that my kids are old and they can take care of their own stuff. (but my big issue is if my kids have friends here, and there is no supervision, do the other moms care about that?) I don't know. I don't want to tell the kids they can't have friends on a Saturday. That is so dumb. I will just go this week.
Jaxon's toe nail has been growing weird. I don't really know what an ingrown toenail was, but I was suspicious that he had one. So we went into the foot doctor. But I had to leave half way through to go pick up the kids. This is why having another driver in the family is so awesome. So I left Jaxon. The doctor came in, cut the skin off, and fixed the nail problem. I kind of thought the doctor would look at it and tell us to make another appointment. But I am glad that we didn't have to go back, and that Jaxon's toe does not hurt any more.
This guy turned 12!
This cute picture of him when he was two was around in our livingroom so I took a picture of them together. Can you see that sweet baby in him anymore?
He was excited to get white board markers
and a white board
Tanner registered for his high school classes! I can't believe that that guy is so grown up. Tanner in High school? Amazing.
Tanner and Alex played Futsal with the ward. It was awesome. They really love it.
I am still trying to get Tanner's Board of review for his eagle done. I am really losing patience. (actually I lost that a while ago.)
Tanner went with his Spanish class to BYU Spanish festival. He hates Spanish. But he likes going to this festival. He gets to ride a train to Provo and a bus to BYU. It is fun for them.
I went shoe shopping. I went to 2 shoe stores looking at mens size 10 and womens 12 shoe- have to be wide. Womens shoes have to be double wide. These were the only 2 shoes that fit me in either store. Could they be any uglier? I am going to go somewhere else, or buy online or something.
We saw The Music Man at Hale Center Theatre. It was a great play. I love the music in it.
Jaxon got his senior pictures taken. I hired someone who did a great job. Cause taking pictures is hard and I wanted someone who knew what to do to really show Jaxon's cute side. He is such a good looking kid- but pictures don't usually do him justice. I think she did a great job. So I will get those back soon and I will put them on here.
Alex and Tanner went to a ward campout. They had a lot of fun. Alex went as a new 12 year old scout.
This is the first camp that Tanner got to go with Alex.
Andre and I went down with the stake to see the Trek site that is coming up in June. Andre and I are going to cook lots of food. This made trek seem real and I am so excited for the boys to go.
I made the boys get pictures since Easter pictures were in pajamas. Alex was coming...
My boys...
Alex was ordained a deacon today at church. So- here are my Priest, Teacher, and Deacon.
In 2 years we will have deacon, teacher, priest, elder.
Deacon
Ready to serve.
Alex was playing the piano and asked Andre to play a duet with him. Andre did a pretty good job. I was pretty impressed.
And bam- April was over. It ended with a rainy- snowy day.

























No comments:
Post a Comment