Halloween is fun. We have lots of family traditions. There are lots of parties and events. Every day for the last week and a half, we have had Halloween events. So... add that to real life, and you get crazy time! Fun- but crazy.
Tuesday: we had Young Women in Excellence. Which is a big deal and a lot of work. So I did stuff for that most of the day. And the boys had Webelos and scouts.
Wednesday: I had a busy day! I had a job interview at Sherwin Williams. Then I had a Dr appointment. Then I drove my mom to the airport so she could go to Arizona. There was also volleyball and Hapkido.
Thursday: Piano lessons has a costume recital. Alex practicing...
On the way to the recital. Weeping Angel and Spiderman.
Thursday: Tanner got a 3rd place award for his FBLA competition (Future Business Leaders of America).
I was at a stake training meeting for Young Women's and Andre was with Alex at his theatre class (which is 1/2 hour away) so Joey was awesome and picked Tanner up for him.
The school had their parties on the Friday before Halloween. Chase told me that I did not have to go to the parade. But I got a picture of him how he would look at the school. (no masks).
Friday: Middle School dance! We put the make-up and silver spray on this time.
Friday: Tanner went to a football game for Bingham and Chase went to a neighbor's house for a Halloween party. We don't have pictures for those. Andre and I went to a fancy dinner.
One of Andre's work's business partners had a fund raiser. So we went. It was pretty cool and we got this amazing dessert. It had edible gold leaf on it.
Saturday morning Tanner had a Hapkido party thing. He had never had one of those before. Here he is at the park with some people from his class. I didn't want to be an embarrassing mom and take embarrassing pictures. So this was an incognito picture.
Andre got to see Chase play volleyball. So, I don't have pictures of that. Then I grabbed Chase and Tanner and we went to see Wait Until Dark. I have been SOOO excited for this. I saw this movie multiple times while at college and I love it. The play was fun. And kinda scary.
Then I took the kids to get pumpkins. They had emus. That was random.
The place that we usually go, now make you pay to go to wander around the patch. So we just went to where they had pumpkins set out and the boys picked out their pumpkins.
All the patches around my area are doing that now. It is 5 dollars a person to look for a pumpkin. Then you have to buy the pumpkins. I am not happy about it. I think Chase may be old enough that we can just go to a grocery store now.
Then I had to hurry and finish making out costumes and make the appetizer for a Halloween party that Andre and I were invited to. We are tipping our heads so you can see the holes for the spice to come out.
At the party. I was a little disappointed that our letters are not the same height. I measured them from the neckline when I put them on. But Andre's shirt is a round neck and mine a V neck. I didn't think of that.
We have fun neighbors and friends.
Pumpkin deviled eggs.
Ok, so it is 3 days before Halloween, I think it is time to do some jack-o-lanterns. They all had ideas of how to decorate their pumpkins.
Chase's has 4 faces on it.
Alex also had a small one that he carved.
Tanner spent hours carving his.
And it was well worth it-- so cool.
Are pomegranates a Halloween thing? Ya, they're not. But they were our family home evening activity and snack the other night. It was fun and very messy.
If you remove the seeds while in water- it is so much easier.
Monday, Andre had his last soccer game of the season. Ya, he hurt his knee. It was just really swollen. So hopefully it will just heal on its own.
Seriously. These trees are incredible. I am amazed every year by how beautiful they are.
Young Men, Young Women's activity. Dinner and costumes and dancing.
It was "Just Dance"
It was fun. My boys really liked dancing too.
AND NOW... actual Halloween
Introducing Carl the Skeleton.
I must say that they drink was amazing. Essence of Ghost (Lime Julius). It was so good.
I just thought that this was funny. "I'll have a leg with my dinner."
Obligatory Halloween pictures
Spiderman Spiderman does whatever a spider can.
A Weeping Angel!
Going trick or treating!
You may wonder what Tanner is. He dressed up like his friend Clark.
Here is a picture of Clark from a year ago.
(besides that Tanner was super short one year ago)
Notice:The jacket (Tanner borrowed it from Clark without Clark knowing why)
Flip flops
Socks that don't cover the toes.
Hair style.
Clarks ring that you can't see is from Nauvoo and we got one too. Clark has worn it for a year. so Tanner wore his.
Tanner even made an EFY bracelet because Clark has not taken his off since the summer. Plus other plastic bracelets.
The funny thing is that I didn't even know Tanner did this. He came home from school and I asked him what he was wearing.
…..and, we love Aunt Joey. She makes it feel like a party!
I feel like Halloween lasts forever
















































No comments:
Post a Comment