We somehow came into possession of 2 tickets for general conference on Saturday morning. So Andre and Alex went to the conference center.
This is a cool picture.
Alex saw one person at conference that he recognized. It was a sister missionary that we saw in Palmyra. Here is a picture of her below. She said that she remembered them too.
Then we decorated our house for Halloween
Chase was having fun trying on costumes.
General Conference watching.
Conference Crepes!
Pack meeting nerf war.
I got a picture of Alex at his theatre class.
Alex also had a color run at his school. He was only a little dirty when he got out to the car because they had blowers to blow away the color.
I made tanner do some Hap Ki Do moves for me so we could have pictures of his new outfit. I don't even know what it is called. It is not a uniform, not a costume. I'm sure it is not an outfit. But that is what I am calling it.
Chase has been doing well at piano lately.
Halloween sugar cookies!
It takes forever to cut them out and cook them.
So we decorated them the next day.
So, lucky me, I got 2 days of a huge mess.
Alex had his Halloween orchestra concert. They played Thriller by Michael Jackson. So he dressed as a zombie.
We sat on the front row, right next to where the seats were set up. But... That was for the band. The orchestra played on the other side of the gym.
During his actual performance, he sat down and was completely covered by the teacher's music stand. So no pictures of that. And sitting on the front row was worthless.
Jaxon is in choir at Snow. They are singing songs about World War I. He wanted to display his 2nd great grandfather's uniform. So we got it out. He was 6 feet tall and super skinny. We had Tanner try it on. It was perfect fit. Tanner is not quite 6 feet tall thought. Seriously- why would they want those pants to be so oddly shaped? Weird.
In the pocket was this note. I wonder if it had been in there for 100 years. It says that Floyd Dean did not have any diseases and had had the small pox vaccination.
Andre was released from his calling of ward mission leader. He had been in that for almost 3 years. Before that he was the executive secretary for 7 years. Before that he was a teachers quorum adviser for 6 months. Before that he was ward mission leader for 3 years. Before that, I can't remember for sure. Maybe financial clerk? I know he was ward clerk once, but I think that was before we moved here.
I've been hanging out with my aunt Brenda a little bit and getting to know her better and helping her with stuff and she is helping me with stuff. I enjoy being with her. And it is amazing all the stuff that she remembers.
Tanner has started with the FBLA club. Future Business Leaders of America. He has had a bunch of club meetings and has his first thing today. I don't really know what they do. But he likes it.
My mom and I have been going through some fun stuff in her basement. Mostly stuff from her childhood and college time. It is so fun to go through. Did you know that she had a pen pal from Switzerland for years and years? I did not. His name was/is Rudy (but not spelled that way- I can't remember how it was spelled)
































No comments:
Post a Comment