Thursday, November 22, 2018

November


November started out with a lot of craziness.   We had a ward activity that the Young Women and the ward missionaries were in charge of. Well, that means Me and Andre. (Even though Andre got released a few weeks before the ward activity, he still helped that night).

Chase wanted to make bacon smokies again this year, but then he was at a friends house, so I made them.

Here is the Alex friend table. I was too busy with other things to get the other boys with their friend tables.

But here is Chase and his friend with the games.
Alex and friends

Tanner and friends


The next day, Chase was walking home from a friends house and a dog bit him. It was not a very big bite- but it broke the skin- so we took him to the Urgent Care. 

A week later we took these pictures- so he is mostly healed
This is the small side. You can see the bite mark and an inch lower you can see another bruise where the tooth was, but it didn't break the skin.

And again, bite mark above and an inch lower is a bruise from the other front tooth. 
The dog was not current on vaccinations so it was quarantined for 10 days. We are still waiting for them to pay our medical bills. 


November is full of leaves. We rake them constantly. Here is a rainbow of leaves. 


I am trying  to read the Book of Mormon everyday. It is awesome. I got this book that is a copy of the first edition book of Mormon. It has no chapters or verses. It makes reading so different because the stories don't start and stop in the same places. 

Warning: Life change alert!
I started working. I work as a color adviser for Sherwin Williams. It has been different working 5 hours a day. I go home and I am tired and then I still have all the things that I normally do.
I work from 9-2 Monday through Friday. 

Here is the color wall. I am in charge of that. And I help customers who come in and need help choosing colors. 

I also mix paint. So I definitely get messy hands. 
There is so much to learn and so much to do, so I don't ever get bored. I just really want to already know stuff so I don't have to feel stupid. I really did not want a sit at a desk kind of job. I wanted something that would keep me busy (but not to tiring). I think this is a good fit. We will see!

Tanner is in FBLA!
I think I mentioned that he had a competition at Herriman High School. Well, he also had a competition at Utah State. They left at 5:20 in the morning and got home at 6:30 at night. It was really fun for him. He is making great friends and stuff.


Veterans day is usually my favorite holiday because all the kids go to school but Andre is home. So normally we have a day together. BUT, this year, I worked. Blah!  But Andre put in my new faucet! Hooray!


Young women's activities! This was decorating sugar cookies. Then delivering them to different people in the ward. (people who don't always get thanked- like chorister, librarian, guy who cleans the building.)

Chase is almost done being a Webelos scout! This is the 2nd to last pack meeting! 


November 16th is my dad's birthday. We always celebrate it with pie. My dad's favorite pie was the round kind (he liked them all). But we think his favorite was lemon meringue. 



We had lemon, banana cream, and triple berry.
It is always good to remember my amazing dad. 

I had a Sunday with no meetings! I usually have class presidency meeting on the 2nd week, YW presidency meeting the 3rd week, and BYC the 4th week. So, usually the only week I don't have meetings are fast Sundays. So I don't ever get to make a good breakfast for my family even though we have the 1:00 church. But things got changed around last week and I got to make French toast, on a Sunday! 

Alex played a hymn for priesthood opening exercises (no picture). He practiced for weeks. He really wanted to play it before the end of the year, because they won't be doing priesthood opening exercises for much longer. 


For FHE we made a Thankful tree. 

We use our brown chimney think as the trunk. (yes we know it doesn't really look like a tree)

Here are some close up pictures. 



And then it was Thanksgiving! and that will be another blog. 

1 comment:

Carie said...

Wow, you got a job? That's awesome! And very life changing indeed. I've been toying with the idea, but I'm not quite there yet. Sherwin Williams is my favorite paint place. I was just there on Friday. I think you'll be great at that job! Will you come pick paint for me? I'm the worst at picking colors. I have to buy like 10 samples before I can decide. Also, I love the rainbow of leaves picture. Very cool.