Thursday, January 24, 2019

January stuff

The first day of 2019 brought us Cheese Day.  




Cheese cake!

School started up again and along with it came all the after school activities. Alex is in the school play. So he will have about 2 rehearsals a week.

Chase had a sore tooth so we had dentist visits.

I cut myself on a rusty can at my work (customer brought it in) So I decided to get a tetanus shot.

Visiting Grandma- She even made up dinner!

Starting our "Come Follow Me"  studying. Jaxon was the teacher this first week.

Tanner became a priest in the Aaronic priesthood! That was unexpected and kind of cool. He is one of the first 15 year olds to become a priest.

Picture of Jaxon


Good looking no braces guy.

Andre's calling changed. Since there are no 11 year old scouts, They moved they 11 year old scout leaders up to be deacon advisors. So they have the younger deacons and the 11 year olds (as they turn 11) to finish their scouting ranks. So he is with Alex in Deacons on Sunday and with Chase doing scouts on Tuesdays

Playing lots of games. 
"Time Stories"

Le Harve (the Harbor)

Alex was diagnosed with asthma so now he has an inhaler so he will be able to breathe better.

We had just driven through a super dark storm for an hour-  then we could see the end of the storm and the sun! It was really nice to be out of the storm. I love cloud pictures.

Chase finally had to get his tooth pulled because it had been hurting for a while. It was a baby tooth- but it was not going to fall out any time soon. It was a hard one to pull out. It took a long time. Then it was achy and hurt-y for days after. 

January is for jigsaw puzzles.



Chase got his orthotics because his feet have been hurting pretty badly. We got him the shaped to his foot kind because the other kind (basic arch supports) were not helping much.

Alex became the president of ONE of the deacon quorums in our ward. There are over 20 deacons so they split the group.

Chase had a birthday party- there will be a blog just on that later.

There is always lots of stuff for Young Womens going on. I feel like there was tons of planning to get this year started out. It will be an adjustment to only have YW twice a month. but I think it will be good.

TWO hour church! how can I not mention this? This is so nice.

Tanner blessed the Sacrament. He is brave.

Martin Luther King day- everyone had off - BUT me. Andre took the kids to all of their appointments.

So... this happened.... Braces
For months the Orthodontist has been saying, "you will get your braces soon". But it never happened. On Monday, Andre took him in and they put his braces on! Hooray! (too bad he was still sore from getting his tooth pulled and then had to be achey from braces also. So I didn't get to have a before picture. But we all know what he looked like before. 

And... we went to the Brick Oven to have Chase's birthday dinner. They gave him chocolate mousse.
He is 11!

My mom and I started going through all of my Dad's old slides. Joanna was there for part of the time too. This is fun. we are not getting rid of any slides but we are making piles of "stuff we won't use for anything", and "stuff we might do something with".  I am looking for pictures of his mission to go with his mission story that I am typing up.

We have been trying to study the New Testament more. I am enjoying it. Each week a boy gets to lead the discussion. We are not perfect, but we are trying and we are learning cool stuff.

Jaxon decided to stay home this semester and focus on getting ready for his mission. So he is looking For a job and stuff. I have been putting him to work for me. It's nice coming home from work with the dishes done!

It's been really cold lately. Winter= blah

And that's about all so far in January. There are still a few more days left. So stuff may happen... we will see

No comments: