Tuesday, May 28, 2019

End of school stuff

The younger kids school ended on my birthday! May 22nd! That is early. 

Because of the end of school we had the school concerts.

Alex had his last orchestra concert at Hawthorn.  He did such a great job. All the music classes were there and they all did popular rock type songs. Alex's class did Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes-   and Firework by Katy Perry.



So--- The kids are not going to go to Hawthorn next year. I took a picture of Alex by the school as his "graduation" from Hawthorn.

Here is a picture of Chase with the Hawthorn Eagle as his "graduation" from Hawthorn picture.
Chase had an exhibition at the school. It is where they research a problem in the world and then figure out a way to educate people about this problem and try to find solutions. 
Chase raised money to help parents of handicapped kids get medical supplies. 
I did take pictures. But... my phone was overly full. So I deleted all the pictures thinking that I had taken everything off of it. But I forgot that I had taken those exhibition pictures. So... See the picture above- imagine him teaching about the need to help those with special needs. 


It's been a great school. No complaints really. I do want Alex to be in a larger orchestra. I think there is a little more opportunity in neighborhood schools?  I really want the kids to connect more with kids in the neighborhood.

I also never want to drive to that school again. Ten years! Ten years of driving to the school like 2-5 times a day. This is about a 25 minute round trip if you just drop them off so it is a lot longer then just the neighborhood schools. Occasionally I did have a carpool so it was once a day (like this year). But sometimes I had kindergarteners or I had to do an orthodontist run and I drove there 5-6 times in a day. And sometimes (often when they were teens) the kids that I carpooled with would saunter out to the car 20 minutes after school got out so my kids and I would sit there forever waiting for them.

So, we donated most of our uniform clothes to the school. It was 8 or 9 big bags full. The school will sell them for a buck to other parents so it is a fund raiser plus helps other kids.

Anyway.... Here is a cute picture of the boys on their last day. We were just talking and I thought they were so cute.


Tanner still had a while until his last day. Officially the last day is Friday. He went today (Tuesday) and he says that no one goes after today. So today (the 28th) is his official last day. I did not take a picture of him. It was 6:30 in the morning and it was too dark to see.

Ok, here is Tanner when he got home from school.

Here is a picture from his phone on one of his last days of school. One of his classes (I think theatre) did a reverse hide and seek. This is where one person goes and hides and then everyone has to go find them and then they all wait there until everyone gets there. (Tanner is taking the picture)


In other news, Jaxon started filling out some "papers".


No comments: