Thursday, May 30, 2019

Memorial Weekend (plus more)

Memorial weekend started off with a little bit of a downer (for me). I had to work. This was the first Saturday that I have had to work. I will probably work every other Saturday in the summer. More thoughts on that later.

It has rained so much lately that we can never mow our lawn. Well, Saturday was mostly dry so finally they were able to mow. Andre and Tanner went to Hale Center Theatre and Jaxon worked. My mom came over and helped my younger boys plant some strawberries that I got for my birthday.

It has rained about every day in May. This video is just one storm.



Sunday was supposed to be the sunny and dryer then Monday so I wanted to get outside. We went to a park and played Kub. (or Kuub- I can't remember. But it is pronounced with the oo sound like in the word food)  It is fun and I am bad at it.



Then we played bocce and a storm was coming in.

We had a delicious barbeque dinner and then these guys played five crowns.

I was so tired that I went to sleep for a minute. I set my alarm for 15 minutes from then. But I accidently set it for a.m. So I actually slept for an hour.  I woke up and the game was almost done.

Then we had a fire.





I took a picture of the snowball bush looking up because it was beautiful. 

Saturday we went down to visit my aunt Brenda. She is my dads sister. I asked her if she could kind of give me directions inside the cemetery to where her parents and my grandparents were buried. She went with us to show us.
can you see the snowballs on the graves that we took from our bush? 



Then we went to lunch at a yummy Chinese food place that Brenda knew of. It was fun to visit with her. Then we came home and the boys went to go see the Pokemon movie. Andre and I worked on the two youth activities that we were doing this week. Andre's was big and mine was little. More news on that later...

That was the end of memorial weekend. A couple of days later it was a beautiful evening and I could not stand just staying home. So I asked the kids what the wanted to do at a park. They said ride the trike bike things. (These were part of the youth activity that Andre planned so he had borrowed them from his work)








Tanner was at Hap Ki Do for the last time. He has decided that he is done. He has been doing this for almost 4 years twice a week. This has been a huge thing in his life. I am proud of him for this hard work.
He came home and I took random pictures of him and asked him to do a kick.



Tanner has been very busy with his friends. He does not take many pictures of all that he has been doing. But here are some that were sent to him by some of his friends.





1 comment:

Joey said...

I always love your posts! You guys are great