We went to Seven Peaks again. Just twice this summer. This time I did not take a book. I actually went swimming. The kids really don't care too much about it. They get bored pretty fast there now. I think they need to go with their friends.
I do have to say that the waves were really lame. When I was a teen- actually, even 3 years ago- the waves were a lot bigger. These waves were puny and lame.
Andre played outside in super hot weather. It was fun to watch.
Chase made a collage. and he made sure to make a sting ray just for Uncle Jimmie.
We took Tanner down to EFY. This was lunch right before we dropped him off.
Tanner's dorm room. It was right across the hall from the room that his Grandma stayed in when she was a freshman at college.
Tanners room mate for the week. His name is Orrin. According to Tanner, he was pretty cool.
After we dropped Tanner off, we went to the BYU fine Arts museum. We saw this weird wonder.
And this clay thing
This was Alex's favorite painting.
And then... It happened. Jaxon got his mission call!
This is Jaxon and his friends discussing where he might go.
Then snap shots as he is reading...
Phoenix Arizona! English! Leave Nov 20th! Super happy.
Of course Jaxon got his call when Tanner was at EFY. We recorded a Marco Polo- so he watched it just a bit later then live- during an EFY dance.
My work is being over run by these huge beetles. that nearby paint dot is about the size of a quarter.
We are in the throws of getting everyone ready for school. Alex- going to see where his classes are.
Then the last week of summer break, we went to Lagoon! We have not gone to lagoon since we bought our lagoon season passes in 2014.
It was hot but not too hot. It was not too crowded. It was a great day.
It was our last adventure of summer break.
Other events/ doings:
Jaxon asked his work if he could work shorter shifts so his tendinitis could heal. They were not very helpful with this and started giving him 4 or 5 hours a week to work. So this was not a great situation. His feet felt better however! After Jaxon got his call, he pulled into the parking lot of his work for his 4 hour shift for the week. He saw the Halloween store setting up, then he saw "now hiring". He thought- that would be a good job and they are only needing workers until just before my mission! So now Jaxon works at Spirit Halloween. He has been stocking and getting the store ready. They open on his birthday!
Tanner has been driving. He went driving with his Drivers Ed teacher and passed his test! Now he has to turn 16 and we go pick up his license. So exciting!
Andre's work is super busy in the summer. The financial year ends June 30th so all the year end stuff happens in July and August. So work is gets really stressful and busy during this time of year. He says that he is almost done with year end- so that is good. I appreciate all of his hard work.
Andre's work is super busy in the summer. The financial year ends June 30th so all the year end stuff happens in July and August. So work is gets really stressful and busy during this time of year. He says that he is almost done with year end- so that is good. I appreciate all of his hard work.
Jaxon wanted to do a new role play game. It is called Cthulthu. (Or something like that.)
He connected with some high school friends. They wanted to do it with him. So he had a lot to prepare for that including painting some pictures, making a silver spear, and learning a whole new game. He had a great time and really spooked his friends. He also played it with his brothers first so he could practice and see what he needed to know better.
There are hawks that live somewhere near here. We see them in our yard quite often. Mostly in the mornings.
One day when I went to work, I assigned the boys to go somewhere together and do brotherly things. (Tanner was at EFY.) They decided to go to IKEA, walk around and get treats. That was a fun idea.
Joey and the boys finished up watching all 8 of the Harry Potter movies. That was a fun activity for them. It was mostly Alex and Chase because Tanner and Jaxon don't really like the last movies. And they are lame because of that.
Alex has had his group of friends over a bunch and they just started doing D and D. This is fun for him. He has also worked on getting his eagle project ready. We are going to do it this Tuesday.
I took my mom to the airport so she could go to Arizona to see my cute nephew get home from his mission! Yea for Parker!!!
Tanner has been hanging out with his friends and just being a teen. He can not wait to get his license so he can just go and not have to get rides places.
I have spent countless hours scanning the photos of my father-in -law Gordon.
I scanned Andre's mom's book in May, and now did Gordon's, then I will do Carol's book this fall. I will probably do a blog or something to share the pictures with our nieces and nephews. Many of them have never seen these cool pictures. I mean those pants...
Chase has been playing with friends and having a great summer. He loves that I work and I am not constantly telling to do stuff. This is why I will never work another summer. The kids have been LAZY and they love it. Well, it is time to start school and stop being lazy.







































No comments:
Post a Comment