Friday, August 23, 2019

Busy Week

This week has been super busy. But we didn't take a lot of pictures. (Well, we did, but not for the blog yet.)

Last Friday evening Jaxon went to work, Alex had some friends over to play D and D. The rest of us went to help a family move from our ward. It was hot work. But they needed help.   After that we just sat around and rested because- exhaustion.

Saturday was a busy day. I cut 3 people's hair, Andre had a soccer game, we got laundry done, Jaxon planned his lesson for church. Alex and I gathered things he needed for his Eagle project, we ironed and figured out clothes for family pictures. I also went food shopping since we were almost out of everything.

Then we went across the valley to The Belgian Waffle. It is a restaurant that has super yummy waffles. This was Tanner's birthday dinner. Waffles with ice cream, whipped cream and delicious fruit sauce. Yum.

Then we went to Wheeler Farm to meet with our photographer. We took family pictures! The first time since I worked for a photographer that we hired someone to take our pictures. Joanna has taken most of our pictures through the years and has done a fantastic job. The last couple of years we just used a picture that we took while on vacation. I will be putting these new pictures on the blog- but I have to sort through and figure out which ones I am getting first.

Sunday... we went to church, Tanner took the sacrament to people who can not go to church ("in-homes"), Jaxon and Andre gave a blessing to those that they minister to (maybe that was last week? it's a blur), I had a quick beehive meeting, Jaxon got 1/2 of his temple recommend, I made dinner, we went to a youth fireside, then Andre gave us back to school blessings.

The blessing are really nice and really give a great start to the year. They help the kids feel like they can accomplish what they need to, help with any back- to school- jitters because they know that they are not alone. That they have a Father in Heaven who does look after them and supports them. And they have a father in their home that can lead them in the right way.

Monday morning was the big day for Tanner. He was off to start his Junior year of high school. He got a "first day of school" breakfast but he had to ride the bus. He will eventually get to drive, but Jaxon needs the car most days until November 20th. (Tanner has lots of patience).

It was pretty dark out so the camera didn't work too great- but this is Tanner on his last day of being 15.

Then, I took Alex and Chase out to do some errands. We had to get the last things for Alex's Eagle project, and a few food items we might need.

Then we went to the music store to get Alex's viola tuned (he had not played much over the summer. It turns out that we needed to get the bigger size viola since he has grown in the last two years. So that was a "fun" discovery. It is a beautiful instrument. It is new and has a great sound. It was just a lot of money. But it is worth it. Alex loves it and is getting really good. While there,  Chase reminded me that he wanted to take drum lessons. I asked about that and the people said that most school band programs have a percussion program in their band. So now Chase is super excited for that.


Then we went over to Welby Elementary. Chase is starting here this year. He is excited but did not know much about the school. So we walked around and found his classroom, the cafeteria, got his lunch number, found out where they line up and all the stuff he needed to know.
Chase will be in a portable classroom right outside the building. He has Mr. Boswell.

Then I went to work. This was my last time of working until closing time  (1-7 but it always means 7:30 or later because there is always so much to do). It is a good thing it is over. It drives me crazy working late. I did want some mornings off during the summer and days off during the week so I worked shifts all over the place and I hated it. Hopefully we will get back to me only working when kids are in school.

While I was at work, Alex had piano lessons and the Andre took Alex to back to school night. He got to meet some of his teachers and other stuff about the school.

Also, I think this was the night that Chase lost his retainer down the bathroom drain. The stopper is broken so it is out of the sink most of the time. As he was brushing it, It fell and went down the sink. He was so upset thinking that it was so expensive. I told him that it was ok, That he was going to learn about plumbing. We found it in the pipe. We bleached it. yuck.

Then it was Tuesday... Tanner's birthday!!! So I made him a birthday breakfast and sent him off to his 2nd day of school.
Alex got up and started school at Elkridge middle school! It was his first day of school so I made him and Chase their first day of school breakfast.

Then Alex went to school. I drove him for the first day.
 Alex is in 8th grade this year. He is starting at Elk Ridge middle school. He will have a lot of hard classes which is really good for him because he hates being bored in his classes. He is really excited about orchestra.


Then it was the big day for Chase too. His school does not even start until 8:50. He is almost always up before 7:00 so he has had some long mornings trying to find something to do. I drove him this first morning because it was the first day. Chase is in 6th grade!



Then I got home from driving Chase and I saw Jaxon leaving for work. This was his 4th or 5th day day at his Halloween store job. He still has to work shifts at Lucky because he gave them his two weeks notice. But that will end soon.
And, because he is on his foot more, it is hurting again. He is trying to stretch more and stuff, but we are worried about that foot.

So, it was Tuesday at 9 and all the kids left and I did not have to go to work! I got a bunch of errands done like a Costco run, and got the last of the Eagle project stuff together like donuts. Oh ya, I was in charge of the Young women activity on Tuesday night so I had been getting ready for that over the weekend and had to finish up for that Tuesday after noon. Then starting at 2:45 the kids started to come home. I had a treat for all of them. The younger two are walking home and it is really hot.

After an hour break, Alex had to hurry and get everything pulled together for getting his project done that night. we had dinner and then I went to set up for the young women's activity and the boys started showing up at our house for young men's.

I was not at Alex's Eagle project and the young men did a great job. There were 7 groups with 3-4 young men in them. they each painted 3-4 fire hydrants. And they had donuts. There were a few pictures taken.

Alex with the supplies for each group.

Alex with the paint for each group.





We came home, signed any disclosure statements that had to be signed for school and I went to bed.

Wednesday: We got up and got everyone out the door for school and work. Tanner leaves at 6:33, Andre leaves at 6:40ish, Alex leaves about 7:15, Chase leaves at 8:25, Jaxon leaves at 8:35 (but this will vary from now on) and these next 2 weeks I am leaving at 8:50.

I got off work at 3 and saw Alex walking home. So I pulled over to pick him up. He got in and immediately burst into tears. The bow for his viola had spontaneously broken before he had had a chance to use it. He was so afraid it would be expensive. I calmed him down and told him that we would work it out and I was sure it would be ok. I called the music store and they said that they would exchange the bow. Alex was so relieved.

Then I grabbed Tanner and Tanner drove us up to the DMV. We waited forever and then Tanner got his Driver's License!!!!! Then he drove us back home. He is a pretty decent driver!




I ate a quick dinner then went to the music store. I got the new bow, and the music book that Alex needed. Then I got a percussion set (because we had gotten the info about Welby band) and the book that Chase needed for percussion.

Then I came home it was 8:00. We studied in the New testament since we couldn't on Sunday with a fireside and blessings. Then I went to bed.

Thursday it was Jaxon's big day! He got his birthday breakfast. I got everyone out the door to school and work. Guess what? I had another day off! I did a few phone calls and errands then went down to Provo to pick up my mom from the airport. Then we went to the store to get her some food. Then I got home in time to see everyone get home. Tanner gets home at 2:45, Alex 3:15, Chase 3:45, Jaxon is random but around 4:45 and Andre is about 4:45.   I made dinner for us and an family in our ward. The lady is a really fun person that I really like. She had a hip replacement.

I got home from visiting with her and grabbed Chase. We were off to Welby for Back to school night. I got to meet Chase's teacher who seems pretty great. I mean, He has a golden toilet just sitting there in the classroom and the class has to earn the privilege of knowing why. That seems great to me. We also talked to the band teacher a bit. Band is before school at 7:40. So that is perfect. I can drop him off before I go to work at 8 and I won't have to worry if he makes it during those cold mornings.

Then I came home and my mom came over to visit with Jaxon for his birthday. After she left, We played Sequence with the family. It is a game we have had since before Jaxon was born and Alex and Chase have not played it before.

I went to bed exhausted.

There will be more to add to that this weekend, but that is enough for now.









1 comment:

mamalama said...

Belgian Waffle is still around???!!! That's awesome! Remember when we used to go there before registering for school? Fun memories. I'm sure my kids have heard about that a million times. I should take them there the next time we are in Utah. Is it still in the same place?