Thursday, September 5, 2019

More

Here are some pictures of us playing Sequence on Jaxon's B-day.
It was super funny. 

The next day we took Jaxon out for his birthday meal. I took a picture of Tanner here since I didn't take one of him at his B-day restaurant.

Here is Jaxon after working a long day at his job. He loves the sushi!

That night I shopped for the family reunion and Tanner's birthday party. I had a cart full of soda, chips and cookies.

Also that day Tanner made a poster to ask a girl to Homecoming dance. He took it to her house Saturday morning. So that is fun.

Saturday I worked from 8-4. It was a really long day to work. Andre had a soccer game and then he came home and helped Alex finish up a lot of his Eagle project stuff. On Friday we remembered that there was a Hale Center play the next day. But I didn't remind Andre and my phone is not really available while I am working during the day- so my phone didn't remind me. We missed going to Hale Center Theatre! That is so sad. This just shows that we are too busy.

I left work and saw a text left 4 hours earlier that Jaxon had locked his keys in his car at work. I figured that he had figured out that problem with his dad. Turns out that he didn't. He got off of work at 3 and waited for me. Well, I only had time to run home, take a shower and get to our family reunion. So Andre drove down and picked him up and went to the reunion.

Jaxon has been working at his Halloween job and Lucky for these two weeks so he had to leave the reunion and go to work at Lucky after and hour. He took Tanner because Tanner had his birthday party to go to. Tanner has two friends in our ward that have birthdays on the same week. They wanted to have a party together but one of them couldn't. So the two of them had school friends and neighbor friends at Ryan's house and just had a lot of fun.

The family reunion was fun. It was Andre's parents and all of Andre's sisters and their family's that could come.  His oldest sister and step brother couldn't come. But we got to see 4 of his sisters and lots of the cousins.  It was good to catch up with all of them.

Then it happened, The tree exploded. This was Sunday. This was the beginning of spending ALL of my time (that I was not at work) peeling and bottling peaches.
This tree is amazing. 


This week I worked from 9-3. This was good that I was home to get chase off to school at 8:20 and then get ready. But getting home after 3 is hard. It has been so hot that I have been trying to pick up Alex and Chase about half way home. It needs to cool down.

I made tons of peach jam, bottled about 20 jars of peaches, made a peach crisp, 2 peach cobblers, peach cookie bars, pureed some peaches and froze them to be used in smoothies. I spent all of my time from after dinner until 11 or 12 at night.

Tuesday was a young women/young men activity that all of us except Jaxon went to. It was a BBQ and yard games party. It was fun. Tuesday night I slept with an oxygen thing on my finger. I feel like my inhalers that I have used for 3 years don't really do anything. So I have been trying to see a lung doctor. I finally saw one and he gave me a bunch of tests. This was one of them. Honestly I think he is going to say that I am fine- that I have allergies that make me congested and that I am out of shape so I should exercise more.

Wednesday after dinner we took Jaxon and Tanner to shop for suits. We went to Mr. Macs. Jaxon got a Missionary package and Tanner got a suit. Here are some of the things that we got.



Then Wednesday or Thursday evening Andre and the boys picked the rest of the peaches. I had just finished all the peaches from the first batch and it was kind of overwhelming to fill the whole kitchen with peaches again. My mom came over a couple of times to help me peal peaches. I also took a bunch of peaches to neighbors.

Honestly all of the things I had to do were fine. It was a lot of peaches/ driving kids around etc... But I worked until 3, picked up kids and made dinner. I do think work is busier lately or maybe it is just more exhausting. I am just exhausted.

Thursday I had off work. It is a good thing. I needed to do peaches and shop for camping and pack for camping. I worked all day and then collapsed in bed. I worked Friday morning so it all needed to be ready for after work on Friday.

Sometime around now Tanner was answered that the girl will go with him to the dance. Tanner did take a picture of that so if I ever get it, I will put it on here. 

And then we went camping. 3 1/2 days of not being able to worry about any of the stress. It was needed. That will be it's own blog- next. Now Alex got his last 3 camping nights so he is done with all of the Eagle scout requirements!!!

We got back from camping. and guess what was waiting for me? Peaches. I did some more canned peaches, I gave away some more, I made a few pies and tarts and had peach parfaits and anything else peachy I can think of. I never took a picture of all the days that the kitchen was a mess with all the canning stuff and peaches. But here is a picture of some of the peach stuff.


I worked Tuesday through Friday this week at hopefully my time for the school year 8:00-2:00 four days a week. Every day I was amazed at how busy it was and hoped that the next day would slow down. Nope. I am exhausted after work. We have had 3 orthodontist appointments the last few weeks, and now Chase is starting Physical therapy on his knee for the next few weeks. it has been hurting for the last 6-10 months. It just never went away and is now getting worse. He just has loose ligaments (seriously, the doctor said he is the most flexible that he has ever seen) and with all of his growing, he needs to strengthen those muscles.

One cool thing. I was worried about starting work at 8 since Chase doesn't leave until 8:20. But He joined the before school band and I drop him off at 7:35 and then head to work. So it is perfect.

Young Womens is going again after being at a minimum for the summer. It is fun to be back with the girls. They are so sweet. I don't think I mentioned that we made suckers a few weeks ago. It is going to get more intense with me being in charge of 2 of the next big activities plus helping a lot with a third big thing.   So I am spending time on planning for those things.

We are slowly getting things for Jaxon's mission. He has an appointment to go to the temple! We picked up their suits and finding garments and all the little things that go with that.

Chase was sick when we got home from c amping. Alex was kind of sick then and now he has a cold.
Thursday I had a lung test. I had to breathe into a machine and see what is going on with my lungs. Honestly they are not that bad. But doctors tell me that maybe I am just used to it so I don't know how good it could be. I will get the results later. I got home at 5:00 and made dinner then went to bed. I am too tired. I had things to do but could not do them.

Friday I got home from work and took a nap and didn't do much in the night. Just peaches.

Here it is Saturday and I am still trying to use up these peaches. Peaches are very pretty. And delicious. But I wish I could have about 20 peaches a week for 4 months instead of 3000 peaches in one week.



Andre had a soccer game this morning against the team that I always see- the Orange shirt team. Their name is Man Chest Hair. That is really funny if you ever lived in England and heard everyone love Manchester. Then Andre took the younger two to see Cinderella at Hale Center Theatre. 

And... That is all for now. I think the really busy stuff is subsiding. We will be getting into a groove. But- really I don't know if there will be a groove. We have Jaxon's mission to prepare for. Tanner has joined 3 clubs that will be all over the place and Alex is in a student government thing and I don't know what that is going to be.  Every day is exciting. 

No comments: