Tanner was rubbing two sticks together. He said, “Guess what this sounds like?” I know better than to answer that kind of question because if I am wrong I will offend him. So I asked him what it sounded like. “A fire engine” said Tanner. I am glad that I didn’t try to answer.
Last year Jaxon amazed me. He found two four leaf clovers. We made a big deal about it and told him how lucky he was. This weekend he went to our clover patch in our yard and I kept hearing him yell something. Finally he came over to us all excited. “I found 10 four leaf clovers!” I guess we have mutant clover because he promptly found 7 more.
We have been debating about what to do with our kids. Jaxon and Tanner share a room but they need different bedtimes. Jaxon just can’t fall asleep at 8:00 anymore and if Tanner doesn’t go to sleep at 8:00 he is a huge grump. Tanner also gets really upset if Jaxon does not go to sleep at the same time as he does. So this weekend we tried to fix that problem. We told Tanner that he was such a big kid that he deserved to have his own room. We moved Alex in with Jaxon and Tanner into Alex’s room. After a couple of times getting up and a comment of “maybe I’m not big enough for my own room” Tanner fell asleep. Jaxon went to bed at nine and we didn’t hear a peep out of him. When Andre and I got in bed we discussed how it was a possibility that one or all of the kids would wake up in the night scared of the new surroundings. Then we laughed because it was a sure thing that Tanner would be the first one awake and screaming. We did this to make sleeping better and easier, but we probably just messed it up. Tanner was the only one up in the night. He came in crying because there was a bee in his room. (Not unusual for him, he dreams about bugs all the time.) So we will see if it was a good idea or not.
It is hot here. When you get into your car after it has been sitting in the sun it is hot. Tanner gets so mad if we turn on the air conditioner in the car. He “likes it hot”, he wants it to be “warm air blowing”. It is going to get hotter as we get into the summer and the car is going to get hotter. When do kids start to comprehend reality?
Alex started walking on his own this week. He was been able to walk for a while but he refused to do it on his own until this week. Now he is walking across rooms and getting places while carrying things. He thinks he is so cool.
8 comments:
How funto have children grow up. Your's are doing great. M
5yo has a lot of nightmares about bees in his room! That is really strange. He, of course, denies that they were dreams, and insists that the bee was real. He has no explanation as to where the bee went after the 2am attack, but he knows it was in his room.
Where do these kids come up with personalities??? He likes warm air blowing. Great, then you can just point them all toward you and hog the cool air!!
Good luck with the new room arrangements!
It is so fun to read these stories. Maybe I should move in and become Tanners roommate I would love to go to bed at 8.
Alisa came in the other night around four sobbing, and I was finally able to get out of her that she, "didn't want to eat those grapes."
When do kids start to comprehend reality? I don't know, but let us know so that we will know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Okay- I love kids! Especially my nephews and nieces! They truly are in their own world, but its a world that I like to visit every once in awhile! Thanks for the stories!
Heres a conversation that I just recently had with a 4yo in the hospital
"So why are you in the hospital today?"
"To get the sick out of me."
so funny
Too funny about the bee! I'm curious to know how the room changing goes. We're thinking about changing rooms too, but I haven't been brave enough to try it.
Carie
Dad says
Be sure to save all those magical, lucky clovers for you trip this summer. You should have no problems at all.
Post a Comment