Tonight Andre and I were talking while I was finishing up making dinner. Alex was wandering around getting in to cupboards and normal Alex stuff. I watched him walk into the mud room but didn’t think much of it. He likes to go in there and get shoes and bring them to us, or open and close the door a hundred times. You know- important things.
It had not been long- maybe 1 ½ minutes. I realized that I could not hear him. I said to Andre, “I hope Alex didn’t go into the bathroom”. Alex has had bathroom issues in the past with throwing the toilet paper roll into the toilet and other fun stuff. But the last few months he has been fine. We leave doors open and he does not even go in.
So Andre went to check on him. He was in the bathroom and he was standing IN the toilet! Yuck! (Good thing it had been flushed by the previous user.) What was he thinking?
Actually the last couple of days Alex has become a climber. I really do need to start watching him every second. I have had a break from that. He no longer does the irritating dangerous things that baby’s do when they are first mobile. You have to watch them constantly then. Lately most of the time when he has been alone for a minute I find him playing with toys. Now he has discovered climbing- he likes to get up on top of things and stand up. The kitchen counter, the window sills in the basement, on top of the computer desk, … just about anything.
The other day he also discovered jumping- I don't want to know what he is going to do with that one.
Kids keep you busy.
1 comment:
What a talented boy! Did you get a picture of him in the toilet. He would love to see that when he is a teenager. M
Post a Comment