Monday, December 22, 2008

What???

Jaxon “Mom!, I need the video camera.”
Me “Why?”
Jaxon “Because Tanner is going to ride his sled down the stairs and if he does something funny we can be on America’s Funniest Videos.”
Can you guess what my response was?

Alex was doing tricks. He wanted me to watch him. I did. Then he came up to me and said, “Your fly is down”. I had no idea what he meant because he does not know what a “fly” is. He grabbed my hand, brought it up, and gave me five. Then I realized he said that my “five” was down.

Chase: “Uh oh!”
As he reaches over and purposely drops his food on the floor.

At the store today Alex suddenly started talking about poops. I was hoping he was not filling his diaper (and wondering where he learned words like that). Then he started pointing. I looked over to see containers of potpourri. Then I realized why he would be confused.

Jaxon and Tanner came running in from outside. Tanner yells, “Mom, there is a torpedo outside!” Jaxon corrects him (kind of), “No, not a torpedo, it’s a tornate… tornada… it’s a twister.” Tanner adds, “And it is made of birds!”
These are the kind of conversations I have all the time.

At church yesterday as the sacrament was being passed a drop or two of water fell onto Andre’s pant leg. Alex noticed this and immediately exclaimed, “Rain! Rain!” He looked up at the ceiling, “Rain in the church.” He was very concerned about it and talked about it for some time.

Mom, “Are you ready for bed?”
Chase, Shakes head violently in the no position.
(he knows how to communicate)

Alex is so darn cute when he tells stories. His mouth just can not keep up with his brain. So we get a lot of slurred words and nonsense words and “glu-ga glu-ga glu-ga.” We call him a lazy talker. We know he can say certain words because he has said them before. But he just slurs them or something. You just have to listen really closely, look at his non verbal ques, know what he has been doing, and just be around him a lot to get what he is saying. Anyway, tonight as I was putting the kids to bed we were telling stories. It was Alex’s turn. (I am just going to write nonsense words when he was saying partial words, combining words, or using whatever language he speaks.)
“One day, digadeegadooga guy upa tree. Digadeegadooga kite a two ropes digadeegadooga broken rope. Digadeegadooga fix it. Up high ina sky. digadeegadooga digadeegadooga fall down.”
He was really describing a lot of stuff and told real things in those nonsense words. I just have no idea what they were.

My sister asked Alex if he sang in church today. He said yes. She asked him what songs and he did not come up with any. She asked if he sang The First Noel? He said yes. (Coincidently that was one of the hymns, but I think he would have said yes to anything.) Alex the proceeded to babble about Noel, pointing to me and saying things that were beyond my comprehension and then said, “Then I sing like this (dramatic pause)… Nooo —ell”. It was like he was putting on a play about a word that he had never heard of.

Tanner: “You’re Fired Mom!”
Mom: “I am? Good, now I can do whatever I want and you guys can do the work.”
Tanner: “No, you really are fired- really”
Mom: “Why?”
Tanner: “Because when we were on vacation, you did not let us climb on the red rocks.”
Mom: ??? (this conversation was a good three weeks after the trip and he had never mentioned this before.)
Maybe these rocks were not red enough for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No...Ell. We loved to hear him sing. I'm sorry you are fired, maybe you can get some extra sleep and come over here for your unemployment. A twister of birds, what a mind picture! Cute kids with cute ideas.

Anonymous said...

Your blogs always crack me up!! I love your kids. Sooo, now that you are fired does that mean we get to have lots of girls nights.