Friday, November 20, 2009

Random Pictures

This month we have just been busy doing nothing exciting. But that is what life is all about. Here are some pictures of our day to day-ness. (Apologies that the pictures are not that great. The darkness descends and the camera struggles. I need to play with settings and see what I can do about that. )


We have a jetted tub. It makes A LOT of bubbles. My little boys have just discovered the joy of tons and tons of bubbles.



Alex is busy learning to go potty in the potty this week. I know this is a funny picture. That is why I took it. He keeps taking his clothes off because he is "going potty". He does like to wear his big boy underwear. But he only likes to wear it backward because then he can see the picture of Superman/Diego/Ninja Turtles. One of his prizes for going potty was this backpack. So he wears it all the time now. Oh, and I love the orange halloween socks that he insisted on wearing.

He makes such funny faces in 99 percent of the pictures I take that I wanted to show you this more natural one. As soon as I get out the camera- he makes a funny face so I caught this one without him knowing. I guess the one above isn't too bad either. But it is the only one I took that we wasn't freaking out with a wild man expression. He was laughing so hard by the end that he woke up chase.

This is before he took his shirt off. I guess it is a little bit better. I don't care what he wears as long as he goes potty. He is doing it!!! He has very few accidents and goes all by himself now!!! I have learned with my boys that they are not ready until they are ready. Then they just get it because they are old enough. So that is good. I guess. I get tired of changing diapers. He is 3 1/2. We tried at three but he was NOT ready. I have noticed a huge maturity change in him this summer. I can reason with him and he will do things he does not really want to do without tantrums- so I guess I just had to wait.
My boys hair were soooo long (before I trimmed them). Tanners hair grows so funny I thought I would share. Jaxon's hair grows straight down and gets all stringy when it is long. At his neck hairline, Tanner's hair grows straight to the middle. In some areas it looks like it grows straight up! Then it gets to the middle and forms a rat tail. This tail is about 1 1/2 inches longer then the rest of his hair. You can not comb it down. It just bounces right back to the tail.



Chase has a new tooth! I asked him to show it to me. This is what I got. He is so funny. Yes he is eating a pickle in his jammies for his bedtime snack. He only has one more to come in. Hallalujah! He wakes up a lot on the night when he is getting teeth. Then he only has to get his 2 year old molars, in about a year. (My kids teeth come in slow.)


Jaxon came home one day and said that he was running for class clown. I thought that was cute. Then more information trickled in as the days went on. I found out that it was his idea to have an election and that he had a campaign manager who made these signs for him. Soooo cute. Yes this picture looks like he has 4 arms. I told him that he should run for the kid with the most arms.

This is Tanner's Spain project. He had to do a report and a project about a country. Tanner loved messing with the salt dough and painting it. And I learned alot about Spain. I guess that is one of the perks about kids doing homework. Moms learn too!

We have a lot of leaves.



This is what Chase thinks about potty training. He has all the desire to get the potty treats and stickers. He has no desire to sit on the seat. Only to run around naked-- or put the potty on his head.

OK, Jaxon should have won that election.

The other night my kids were all being crazy I can't even remember what they were doing but I jokingly said to my sister, "My kids forget to use their brains." Without thinking, Jaxon instantly turned to me and said, "Yes, but at least we have French accents!"

4 comments:

Suzy said...

That was a cute post. Its fun to see the "normal" stuff that goes on in everybody's lives. Thanks for sharing.

G'ma Y said...

Such cute kids. They are lucky to have parents that help them get through each day. And I'm sure you are learning a lot- not only about Spain.

joey said...

My other fave comment from Jaxon that night was when I was leaving and I gave Jaxon a hug and said "I love you" and he looked at me and said "and I love pizza" Thanks for the laughs.

Chelita said...

This post made ma laugh out loud throughout all of it! Those are some good pictures (Alex is going to wish you didnt have pictures of him in his undies one day I'm sure but I love it!) Thank you for capturing all of the fun a silly things in life! And way to go ALex on the potty training! Awesome! (I bet youre thrilled!)