I got into posting because I enjoyed both my brother's posts so much. It has been 3 years now that I have been posting. I happened to notice that I was coming up on 200 posts and wanted to do something special. What else would be better then to be random? I thought I would show you the randomness that goes on around here.
Here are lots and lots of little stories of my children and their random thoughts.
Also I followed my children around this evening to get random pictures. Jaxon was not wanting to participate in the pictures, but I got some good ones anyway. Yes that is a true roll your eyes moment. Perfect fo the random blog. Oh yeah, Tanner spilled a drop of water on his sleeve and it was bugging him. So that is why he is shirtless- yet another perfect thing for random day. I also spent forever lining up these pictures for the post and they are all over the place. Oh well - part of the randomness. (I really don't get blogger.)
Here we go:
Alex: “Mommy, there is a bean stuck in my nose.”
As we were driving to the library. (Name of city has been changed to protect the innocent.)
Alex “Are we in a new city?”
Mom “No we are in the same city we live in, Springfield.”
Alex “We are in Springfield? Oh, I thought we were in Greece.”
Chase is a pretty good talker. But once in a while you have no idea what he wants. And he is starting to let us know who is in charge.
Chase: “Dad, car road down me.”
Dad was busy with something so did not answer.
Chase: “Dad! Car road down me!”
Dad: Still busy
Chase in his demanding voice: “Dad, Talk a me! Talk a ME!”
Tanner: “I love pokeypine meatballs.” (translation- Porcupine meatballs)
Chase and Alex were swinging on some swings.
Alex: “What are those things on the swing?”
Mom: “Those are the chains that make the swing work.”
Alex: “Oh, they look like Jello.”
Dad: “I think Chase needs anger management classes.”
Jaxon: “I am glad I’m not going to be a mom when I grow up.”
Mom: “Yep, you’re right, you will be a dad.”
Jaxon: “Yea, that is the easy job.”
Andre and I laughed. Jaxon has no idea.
Jaxon: “Wait a minute, Dad is cooking? That means it is going to be gooood!”
Mom: “Thanks son.”
Mom: “Alex, I just washed all of your clothes. How come your jammies are over here on the floor? They didn’t get washed because they were not in the hamper.”
Alex: “They were in the hamper and in the night they walked out like this (acting it out) and
Chase: “Mom get shoes!”
It is laundry day and I washed all my pants so I put on a pair of capris. Chase did not like it. He kept telling me to fix it or get socks on. I guess he thought that my shoes or my socks would cover my bare calves. He tried pulling on my pants and holding onto my legs. We have worn pants all winter so he is really going to be bugged this spring.
There is something about being the little brother. Sometimes it makes you sweet. Ever since Tanner was little he wanted to share his stuff
Chase has been screaming when we stop at red lights. “Go Mom! Go home- Go!” He is fine
Boy we carpool with age 7: “Why does Chase yell so much?” and “Can you make him stop yelling?”
Me: “He hates to drive in the car and he hates it when we stop. I do try to stop him from yelling, he is just two and two-year-olds do that.”
Boy we carpool with: “My brother is two and he doesn’t yell like that.”
Me: “Do you want to trade?”
I actually didn’t say that. I said something like
I have memories of my other boys screaming in cars. At two Jaxon was obsessed about seeing “big trucks” when we were driving. He insisted on seeing semis or cement trucks or garbage trucks or buses at all times as we were driving. He would yell at me to find them if he couldn’t see one. I think all three older boys at around age two would tell me which way to go while I was driving. They would get so mad if I didn’t go the way they wanted. I remember that this phase was short. I hope I remember correctly.
Tanner: “How do you spell giant?”
Mom: “g i a n t.”
Tanner: “I know- see I already wrote it! Ha ha I tricked you”
Tanner: “What is 13 plus 4?”
Mom: I help him figure it out
Tanner: “I know- see I already wrote it! Ha ha I tricked you”
He thinks he is so funny when he does that.
Alex was doing something hard and kept saying, “dang” when he couldn’t do it. Of course Chase was right there copying him. Alex heard Chase say “dang”. Alex said, “Chase can speak Spanish!”
Chase is very worried about burnt out light bulbs and always talks about them and gets excited if we find one. He loves to “help” change the light bulbs. In our kitchen we have most of the light bulbs on one switch but one light bulb in the corner has its own switch. At dinner the other night Chase noticed that that the one light bulb in the corner wasn’t on. He was telling everyone about the burnt out light bulb. I told Tanner to walk over and flip the switch on. When the light came on Chase held up his hands over his head and yelled, “Yes! Yes! Yes!” kind of
Every story that Tanner writes is about something scary or deadly and someone usually dies. I bet the teacher didn’t expect this when she assigned Tanner to write a nice little story about a snowman. This is written in his spelling and punctuation:
1 day I mad a soeman. and that mrning he cam to live and he prtetid me. There was a mostr. The Soeman ate The mostr. I love my soeman. Translation: One day I made a snowman. And that morning he came to life and he protected
That story was written last fall. Here is a story that he wrote yesterday showing his better spelling skills. The assignment was to finish the Jack and the Bean Stock story- from the part where he planted the seed:
When I planted the seed a been stock grew. I climd it. I saw a big castle. There was a big giant inside. I said do you like apples? No I do not. Will you eat them with godzilla? No I don’t want apples with godzilla. All eat the apples now. The clouds wont hold yor weight.
He asked me how to spell castle, weight, and godzilla. I don’t really understand the ending though.
Jaxon was talking about General Conference that is coming up. He was not excited for it. “All they do is talk about boring things like- the stock
Jaxon was at a friend’s house. He said they were playing with walkie-talkies. I am thinking it was a CB Radio because they were listening to other people. We asked Jaxon what the people were talking about. Jaxon said, “They must have been grown ups because they were talking about stuff like the stock market.” I think we have a theme here: boring= stock market.
Alex: Can I have some “old maid bread”?
Old maid, homemade, same thing right?
Was that random enough for you? That would be my life.
6 comments:
Heelarious! I totally laughed out loud when you talked, oh so seriously, about "trading". I especially love the bike helmet picture! Hee hee!
That was great! I love the randomness of kids. Congrats on the 200th post-that's quite a feat! I'm hoping there's (at least) 200 more.
ha ha ha! That was awesome! Your life reminds me of my own. Entertaining and challenging. And congrats on 200 posts! I'm so grateful to be able to keep up with your random life.
The eye rolling picture is so classic. Your kids are so funny! I hope you are saving all these for your book you are going to write someday when you have some free time. (hahaha)
What funny kids you have. They are so sweet. I laughted out loud about Chase speaking Spanish. Really all of them are so fun.Kids do say the darnest things. And that must be part Spanish too.
That was so fun to read! I loved hearing all your kids' sayings and stories.
Post a Comment