I love watching conference. We are in a stage right now in our family. The "all the kids are under 10" stage. So watching conference is not so easy. (of course we have been in that stage for 9 1/2 years.)
We allow the kids to do stuff while they listen as long as they listen. This is what works for our family. We tend to grab the building set toys. The kids can get creative and stay quiet (in theory). The problem was that the two little ones can NOT stay quiet. Their little mouths are talking constantly. It was not possible for Alex to not talk to us. But it was the best scenario we could come up with.
So here are some pictures of "watching conference".
Puzzles
Puzzles again.
Eating "conference treats". We try to rotate our 72 hour kits over conference weekend so the kids get to eat the older stuff. They love it!
I think I heard most of what was said. It was an awesome conference. I loved the testimonys of Christ. I loved feeling the spirit- especially great to have on Easter Sunday. But I am also excited to read it again later to read what I missed.
I hope the kids understood that it is important to listen to conference. I also know that they didn't listen to a lot of it. I hope that the toys were tools to help them feel the importance of listening and were not too much of a distraction.
3 comments:
That is a really goood idea. I just send the boys off to go play so I can listen. Otherwise, it's "mom. . . mom. . . mom". Drives me nuts. I'll have to try that next time.
I should try that next time...in fact I think I will.
We play with Legos during conference too! It works great. And while they aren't quiet most of the time, I think they get what they need to out of conference.
I have to add that we got the most out of the talks given during Caleb's naps as well!
Post a Comment