For all of you who think rats are gross- think again. She is just like every other furry animal that people have running all over their houses (dogs, cats, etc...) only when we are done playing with her, she goes in her cage. No mess for me to take care of. That is a good pet for me to have.
We have had her for less then 2 months, but she was a lot tinier when we first got her. She must have been really young when we got her. So she has grown up with my wild children playing with her. I think she likes doing the weird things my children insist on doing with her. It is not uncommon for Tanner to have her IN his shirt. Jaxon likes to build weird things out of blocks for her to play in.
She is pretty cute and never mean to the kids-that is really nice. This is like a new toy to the kids, they play with her constantly. They little boys are learning to be gentle and careful. We block off the entrance to the new tree house under the stairs and she gets to run around freely. The kids have little block houses that she jumps around on.
6 comments:
A rat?!!! You are seriously the coolest mom ever. And now I see why you have all boys - because you can handle it. lol. I could NEVER have a rat in my house! But then again, I could never have ANY creatures in my house. I agree they're all the same - furry and messy. lol. It looks like they have a ball with it though. I'm laughing about their block houses. How fun!!! (For someone else's kids of course. ;))
G-Pa says who woulda thought???Letting a mouse have the run of the house. Appearantly kids of all ages have and do love them. They are good for teaching some hard to learn lessonsas well. I cant wait to meet her.
She's a hooded rat. Does she have a name? Rats make great pets. Nick had 2. The first one was killed the first night we had her. Nick was devastated. He didn't mean to kill her. So, we got another rat. How fun she can run around in the tree house.
Sorry, I didn't see her name at the tip top of the entry.
Looks like fun. I need to get over there to play with her.
Honestly, you are the coolest mom. Ever since having mice in our house in NC (told ya about that one, huh?), I just can't handle furry little creatures. Shudder.
Post a Comment