Monday, December 6, 2010

Last Week

Tanner had a school play. He did a great job being a baker. Here he is making cookies. I think his big line was... "I like to make cookies!"Here he is with his brothers, showing his recipe prop. The kids did everything in their plays: writing them, making the props, getting costumes. Tanner was super excited to have us come. I was super excited that the whole thing was only 15 minutes long. I could not believe it. But that was perfect for my little boys attention spans. We went to the festival of Trees. They liked it this year. Last year, not so much. So it was a lot of fun looking at the trees and all the other stuff. We really went to hear Jaxon's choir sing. I left Jaxon in the warm up room and came out to find my family and make sure we had seats. My parents were there and we had run into my cousin David and his family. They decided to watch Jaxon sing too. This is a picture of Chase and Grandma playing while we waited. The choir was taking a long time to come out. I even commented that we were told that Festival of Trees is never late. So we were chatting and playing. Right after I took ths picture I started thinking...
I looked around at all the empty seats. Then I thought about the fact that thre are about 80-90 kids in the choir. That would mean that we would have 80-90 moms or dads, plus their families. There were maybe 30 people sitting around waiting. All of a sudden I thought... is there another stage here? We jumped up and looked around. Yes, there is another stage- all the way down at the other side of the conference center. We raced down there and saw Jaxon's choir singing away. This was a huge stage. There were hundreds of chairs set up. This made much more sence. We had just not seen it and we didn't know that there were 2 stages. They had sung maybe one song that we missed. They sang tons of songs so it was fine. It was a fun performance. It got us to the festival of trees again. I really would not have taken them this year because they really hated it last year. This year they all had fun. Probably because Grandma and Grandpa and Joey were there to make it fun. Plus, I love the festival of trees. I love the holiday feel it brings.
-
Speaking of holiday feel: Jaxon got to sing at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building on Saturday. It was so cool. They were up on the balcony. With the tree, music, and huge chandler, it got me into the Christmas spirit. And I was able to get really close to Jaxon and actually get pictures that you can see him in!That night we had another Christmas concert. So Jaxon and I just hung around downtown and had dinner together. He is so fun to be with when he is not teasing his brothers. It was a Hillary Weeks, Wayne Burton concert. I had heard of Hillary Weeks (even have a CD), but still don't know who Wayne Burton is.
This picture shows Hillary weeks singing with the kids and Masa who is the director of the childrens choir. One more concert and then we are done with choir for the year. It has been fun.

2 comments:

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Dude he even wears a choir robe? That is freaking awesome.

Michelle said...

Loved seeing and hearing him! I am glad we ran into each other.