Andre came home from work. Chase asked him how his day was. Andre told him that it was actually a really bad day. Chase looked very concerned then asked, “was there a spider”?
-
I have four boys but I only have one that delights in potty words. He loves to make up songs that use the word poo poo or pee pee. Yes it is my two year old. He thinks it is SOOO funny. The other day he was obsessing about saying “underwear”. Andre told him that he can’t say “underwear” unless he is wearing underwear.
-
It is so Chase to come running for me, give me a big hug and tell me sweetly, “I don’t hate you mommy”. This is a big improvement over running in the room and saying, “I hate you mom” and running out. We have had a few talks about saying nice words. This is what I get.
-
Alex was playacting with some action figures. He was talking quietly with them. I heard him say, “meanwhile… I will punch you in the head.” That got my attention so I started listening to him. I was laughing to myself that he used the word “meanwhile”. He obviously got that from TV. I was not loving the violence... but it was mild. Then I heard him say, “Nicewhile… I will give you… a cookie.” That was kind of funny. Then I thought about it more and laughed even harder because Alex made a connection to the word MEANwhile that is not meant. But he figured out his own definition- funny.
-
Chase got a Buzz Lightyear and Woody toy on Christmas eve. On the drive home I had an idea. I had previous knowledge of what Santa was bringing to Chase. I said to him, “Chase, maybe you could ask Santa to bring you a fun Buzz and Woody house that Buzz and Woody can live in.” He liked that idea. He immediately raised his voice and yelled, “San-ta, Santa!” like all he had to do was yell and Santa would hear. (Maybe he does?) He might have said more if everyone in the car didn’t erupt in laughter.
-
Andre was playing in the basement with the boys. Chase came to dad all upset that he could not find his ball. Andre said that he would help him find it. They were surrounded by balls all over the basement so Andre asked, “What does your ball look like?” Chase said, “It’s a round circle.” --Thanks, that is helpful.
-
Chase loves to destroy things. I think he enjoys taking things apart more than playing with them. It is a little boy thing. My kids have all done it (and still do it at different levels). He will grow out of it, but for now he is driving my older boys crazy. They build a block city- destroyed by Chase, if they leave their lego creation that took them hours to make in view of 2 year old eyes? - destroyed. Last night Chase was looking at Tanners train track. I knew what he was thinking. I reminded him that Tanner loved that train track and that he could drive his train on it if he was careful. He knelt down by it and I could tell he REALLY wanted to get into destroy mode. He put his hand on one of the tracks. I asked him nicely to keep the track together so we could play with it. He got a really cute, voice and said, “But… there was an earthquake…” as he started lifting up the bridge into the sky.
So, I have funny kids. But I am perfect. I never do anything that would warrant a blog post. Hmm. On January 1st we were eating breakfast. I had gotten Tanner and Alex their cereal and I had just sat down to eat mine. I was starting to read something and the boys are always chattering so I was ignoring them. I did hear Alex say something about eggnog- but I didn't process it yet. Then I took my first bite of cereal. It tasted funny. Then the comment that Alex made sank in and I realized that I had poured egg nog on all of our cereals. Blah!
This is only excusable because we don't like our egg nog so thick. We had poured the egg nog into a gallon container of regular milk that was 1/4 full the night before (New Years Eve party). This thinned it out but then it was in a regular milk container and I didn't remember- first thing in the morning.
5 comments:
Serves your right for even consuming egg nog....YUCK :)
cute one liners!
These kid comments are really fun to read! Your kids are so funny! And smart too!
Okay, every.one.of those are ADORABLE! So cute. "Were there spiders??" Oh ma gosh.
I am so, sooo adding "Meanwhile. . .I am going to punch you in the face" into my daily vocabulary. I am serious.
P.s. I love EGG NOGG!
I laughed all the way through your post :) I love your kids (and you too 0
egg nog on cereal... intriguing. Maybe on a more bland cereal like rice crispies- could work!
Post a Comment