Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years Olympics

We have weird New Years Eve traditions. But they work for us.
-
I went on my mission to England. They have Christmas Crackers on Christmas. But I could not find time for those in my Christmas here. So I came up with the idea of using them on New Years. They are just a little paper thing with paper crowns and a little toy and a dumb joke inside. It is just a little fun thing.
-
Here are some kids opening them. Here are the little hats!

Then... On to the Bartlome Olympics! We just play games together. We don't really take score.
-
Basketball


Ping PongYes, Jaxon put on the Harry Potter robe- Just for fun I guess.
Ping Pong got a little crazy.
Bowling!
New Event! Mini Golf. Bowling on the Wii! This was really fun.


Chase took a picture of his eye.

Then we got our reward of ice cream sundaes!

At 8:00 we had a countdown and celebrated the new year. 2 kids went to bed. Then we had a movie night with the other 2 kids and stayed up past midnight. We watched Karate Kid 2. I was laughing at the clothing styles. So funny.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Carie said...

I love your New Years Eve traditions. How fun! Those Christmas Crackers look fun too! I laughed about ping pong getting a bit crazy. lol! Looks like something that would happen at my house.

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

These traditions rock! You're always doing fun stuff with the kidlets.

Did you tell me you have a ping pong table?? I LOVE PING PONG. The end.

Joey said...

It looks like so much fun!! You guys always have a great time. Maybe next year I can hang out with you guys for Bartlome' Olympics.