Friday, January 21, 2011

Chase is Three!

I can't believe it. Chase is three. He is so excited to be three. He wanted a fire station birthday party for a long time. Then he changed his mind suddenly and wanted a "Hotwheels party". So much for the firestation tour that I scheduled. It is a good thing we have the internet. It has so many great party ideas! We have the cutest playgroup in the world. We have 8- two year olds (one is 3 now!) that meet once a week. We do have a theme for the day like a color or number, but we don't focus too much on that. We mostly play, have a snack, and do a craft (on the theme). I saw that playgroup was going to be on Chase's birthday and made it Chase's birthday party! I am brilliant. Here are the 6 that were there for the party games (a couple came late).

We played "pin the car on the road". There were no blindfolds- they are too young. They had a hard enough time without having their eyes covered.


Then we tried "musical Hotwheels". I had pictures of hotwheels cars in a circle and the kids were supposed to walk in a circle and when the music stopped, they were supposed to stop. This was fun for the kids but the actual game didn't work. They didn't get the whole "keep walking" thing and then the "stop" thing usually meant run around until you are standing on a picture that you like. But that is fun too. I didn't care.

You can see that here is one of the many traffic jams. (Yep, that is my son with his hand in his pants.)

Then the party games were over and we just went downstairs to play. I had all of our hotwheels stuff up for the kids to play with.

Even the girls liked the cars at this age. (it's a good thing because we don't have any girl toys at our house.)




I didn't want to deal with cake or cupcakes with 2 year olds (too messy) so I went with decorating sugar cookies. (shaped like a car if you can't tell.) There is a nut/dairy/chocolate allergy in the group so I was a little creative with the ingredients and the candy on top. Can you say PURE sugar!
Happy Birthday Chase!

4 comments:

Chelita said...

SO CUTE! I cant believe he is 3. He looks really grown up in these pics! Love him!

Cathryn said...

Another great birthday party! Cute cake! You are an amazing mom! He is growing up so fast!

Mandi@TidbitsfromtheTremaynes said...

Aw cute! Why did I think Chase is older than Johnny?? Maybe because he talks better.

And now I just realized that I am a huge jerk and never called you back. What is wrong with me?? I'm sorry. It has been ca-razy bi-zay this week. Normally I'm bored.

Halls Huddle said...

You are the funnest mom ever! (Is that even a word?) Seriously, looks like so much fun for those cute kids.