This is going to be a weird post for me.
Why? There will be no pictures. I don’t think I have taken one picture the last few weeks. It is so weird for me. It is not on purpose. I just didn’t take the camera with me, or didn’t take the time to run and grab it. There have been plenty of times that I wished I had my camera with me. But I tried to just enjoy the moment instead. My kids kept asking if I was going to take a picture- but I just said that I didn’t have it. They looked at me weird. There have been great photo times that I kick myself for not taken the picture. Chase in his Superman jammies with the Toy Story underwear on top of them, running around laughing to death. There was also Jaxon and Andre looking at a map of Snowbird with their heads together and Jaxon’s arm around his dad’s shoulder. Such a touching moment- no picture.
-
There have been some fun times the last few weeks. I think I will start with that. A few years ago I found a plastic snowboard on clearance and bought it. It is basically a sled but you stand up on it. It made the kids feel cool. Well, this year Jaxon starting begging to go real snowboarding. Basically I just said NO. Too expensive, too hard, takes too much time, I did not want to bother. Then my friend told me about a program for locals to teach them to snowboard for pretty cheap. Jaxon and Andre both had a lesson yesterday. It was so fun but they were gone all day. So hopefully he does not want to do it too often. If you know Jaxon, you know he will. Jaxon’s muscles are so sore all over his body. He can’t figure out why his shoulders and neck hurt when he didn’t really use those muscles snowboarding. I told him that he used muscles that he has never used before. Tanner wants to go, but we will wait a year or two.
-
I took the younger boys to Thanksgiving Point. Last fall we went to the gardens a lot. This winter we have enjoyed the dinosaur museum. We went to the farm this time. It is starting to be warmer, we can be outside again! I was so excited to see that included with our admission we got a pony ride ticket. The kids loved that. None of them have ridden a pony before. Tanner’s was so tall that I would probably call it a horse. That was a highlight. We walked around and saw all the animals. They had a few baby animals- some cute little lambs running around. I bet there will be more as the spring moves on. I can’t wait. The little boys were overwhelmed by how big the horses were. They were huge- especially compared to the ponies. They didn’t get anywhere near them. Tanner wanted to pet them though. Even though I said at least 25 times to not give our fingers to the animals for lunch, Alex let his fingers get to close to the chickens and he got his finger pecked. He was pretty brave since things like that usually end up in a tantrum. We also got to go on a tractor pulled trailer ride. The driver talked to us about the rules and then said that if we had any questions, to yell really loud. She was on the tractor and would not hear us unless we yelled at her. As soon as Chase heard that he raised his hand. She asked him if he had a question. He yelled really loud, “AAAAAwwhhhh”. He did exactly what she said to do. Chase totally fell asleep on the ride. It was close enough to nap time and with the rolling bouncing motion of the trailer, he was out.
-
So that was nice. We were outside each day this weekend. It is nice to see the sun. We have had a lot of sickness around here. Everyone is taking their turn with colds, eye issues, ear infections, fevers, sore throats. I just want to say that I am SICK of it. I have been to the doctor way too much lately. I hate going to the doctor because I always feel like we walk out of there with more germs then we came in with. So I try to avoid it. But Alex has been having way too many ear infections. I am going to have to take him to an ENT specialist. So being sick usually does not inspire my picture taking. I guess no one was cute and sick at the same time.
-
We also started potty training Chase. This is another thing that helps me see that my first and last kid have really different lives. When Jaxon was training, I didn’t go anywhere. Literally we stayed home all the time. That way, all accidents were contained and we were always near the potty. He was done pretty quick. Chase is in and out of a car all day. We take kids to elementary school at 8:00, Alex to preschool 3 days a week at 9:30. Then we pick them up at 12:00 and 3:00. Those are the minimum car trips. So we are using pull ups when he is in a car. It is really easy to “forget” to take the pull up off. So consistency is an issue. This is going to take a while. He goes potty every time I tell him to (there are jellybeans at stake you know). But he has never once told me that he has to go potty. There have been tons of accidents. Andre was telling me that he saw poo flying out the bottom of Chase’s pants as they were playing a game. Then I walked into my room and found one of those chunks of poo in my room. It gets pretty discouraging. I am just going to keep at it and try to be more consistent. This is not a strong point of mine however. I am really excited for him to be out of diapers. It will be a great thing to not have to worry about changing anyone. I have big plans for this summer being a baby free summer. That involves no diapers. Let’s see if Chase has my same vision. (I do hate the running around looking for bathrooms though- I forgot about that aspect.)
-
The other day I had a lot going on all at once. I had been on the phone trying to figure out a situation and I lost track of time. I had to take Jaxon to a birthday party. It was a few minutes down the road so I went to get the little boys so they wouldn't be home alone. I realized Alex was asleep on the couch (I was worried he was getting sick AGAIN) and Chase was wet (not surprise there). So I asked Tanner to “babysit” Alex. But Tanner had a friend over and I can’t just leave my house when other people’s kids were over so I had to take care of that. We had 2 minutes until Jaxon’s party started and I was changing Chase’s pants. He had no clean clothes in his room. I told you he had a lot of accidents. I had to run to the laundry room. All of his clothes were clean, but not put away yet. Then I had to pull the birthday present together. We got him to the party 15 minutes late. Not too bad really, but personally I hate to be late. Driving home, I was pulling into my neighborhood, and I saw something in the road. It looked familiar. It was my phone. In the road. I pulled over and got it. Yes, it was destroyed. Earlier in the day I had called some people to see if their kids could play and then we went outside. I took the phone with me in case they called back. Of course I put the phone on my car. That way I would remember to take it back in the house when we went in- right? I guess not. It stayed on the car for a while. It fell off when I made the turn onto the busier street at the end of my street. So a while ago we bought a phone set with 4 phones. We have one left. Awesome.
-
Today at church Chase was pretty tired. He and Alex were pretty loud and crazy. We were not happy with either one of them. During the sacrament Chase was on my lap and just kept talking loudly and making random noises as he loves to do in a quiet setting. When he ate his bread I tried to distract him by talking to him about Jesus and the reason we take the sacrament. My kids usually get distracted by that for a minute or two. Not Chase, he said, “I DON’T want to talk about Jesus!” Ya, he yelled it. Awesome. He fell asleep shortly after the sacrament. Hallelujah! We might not have survived if he hadn’t.
-
We had a cool family reunion last week. My Aunt & Uncle came into town for a funeral. (For Royden's mom who was such an amazing person.) All of their kids were here too. So it was a perfect excuse to invite all the other Jamison's who live in Utah to get together. Because of the nature of death and funerals, it was short notice so not everyone could come, but it was fun to see everyone that was here. Yep, I took no pictures. My mom did, so I will have to post those some other time. It was fun to see my cousins: Suzy, David, Doug, and Margaret plus their families where applicable. My parents and Christy and Royden, and Joanna were also here. Other family in Utah had to work or they would have been here too. I wish my brothers and sister and families, could have been here. I really miss them sometimes.
-
Yesterday we went on a walk along the Jordan Parkway. It feels so good to get out of the house. I love the sun! Tanner took his scooter and the rest of us walked. Tanner crashed and landed on both his knees and his elbow. Poor kid, he did have skinned knees but they were not bleeding. His pants were torn and he is going to have some killer bruises- they were red and puffy already. After the initial check of his injuries I told him that we would go back to the car. He was so upset about that. He wanted to keep going. He wanted to throw rocks into the river. I couldn’t help but think how tough he is. None of my other kids would have stopped crying or continued on our walk. He is such a good kid. That also reminds me that I need to carry band-aids everywhere I go starting now.
-
We got cable for Andre to watch the Jazz games. It has been kind of a lame year for that because they are not so fun to watch when they lose all the time. But it is way better then Andre listening to the games on the radio. But because we have cable, this is the first time in years (12-15 years?) that I have been able to watch BYU games. I kind of forgot for most of the season, but I watched I think 3-4 games! I love it. Especially because we are having a fantastic season. We will see if next year is fun with all the good players graduating or going on missions. But for now it is fun!
-
Has anyone else been obsessed by Japanese earthquake information? I am. There is something about disasters that makes me want to know about them. I can’t do anything to help- but I am reading everything that I can online. It is just amazing. Sorry that is just a random comment. Nothing profound here.
-
I really hate daylight savings time. Really I do. I am going to steal my friend’s quote from facebook because I love it so much. “This whole Daylight Savings thing is like cutting off the bottom of the blanket and sewing it to the top to make it longer.” Is that awesome or what? It just shows how pointless it is. This morning I drove the older boys to school. This means that I went into the little boy’s rooms at 7:55 and dragged them out of bed. They were sound asleep as I was putting them into their car seats. That is just wrong.
-
So an update on the potty training thing. Chase woke up at 5:00 this morning. Why? To torture me of course. Well, it took him a long time to fall asleep and he kept me awake too. So, one of the times he got up, he walked into the bathroom, pulled down his diaper and sat on the potty. That is the first time he has ever taken the initiative to do that by himself. Hooray! But come on. 5:30 in the morning? On the first morning of Daylight Savings? Lets work on better timing.
-
Did anyone forget why I called this blog "Random Ramblings"? Yep, I ramble and usually about random things that no one cares about. If you made it this far, thanks for listening.
8 comments:
What, no pictures! That IS a first for you... since way before kids. lol.
I'm the same way about disasters. I feel bad that I'm so interested in other people suffering, but I just am. Sadly I don't have any tv reception and have seen about 4 minutes total in videos on you tube. Annoying. There's a random comment for you. ;)
Thanks for the update. Its fun to hear the everyday doings of one of my favorite families. Keep smiling. You are a great mom to do so many things for your boys.
Alex is STILL getting ear infections?? Poor boy! Don't know if you're thinking about tubes but they've worked wonders for 2 of our kids!
Did you know I can hear your voice when I read this post? It's awesome. It's you.
Wish I'd have heard that "I don't want to talk about Jesus!" on Sunday. Derned it.
Dad Says
I decided that I need to type a short note on the blog every time I read the new blogs. I love reading them so much, and yes, I too hear your voice in my head as I read. Thanks for taking the time to do it and now get them saved to cd's or something as well.
You always do so many fun things with your kids. You're my inspiration, seriously.
I'm really kind of glad I didn't hear Chase say he didn't want to talk about Jesus, because I would have laughed out loud.
You can publish your blog at blurb.com It's really pretty reasonable. My cousin does a volume a year.
Love to read about your doings. I'm glad you didn't let no pictures stop you from posting.
I love hearing about your life. Love Ya!
Post a Comment